Yahoo! Pool. $.50 a game?

Comments

• I'm a cribbage junkie on yahoo. I'll play that..
  • Is there a bridge or euchre game we can play? Actually Mark mentioned he would like to get a live euchre night going sometime soon. I would be in for that as well...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Is there a bridge or euchre game we can play? Actually Mark mentioned he would like to get a live euchre night going sometime soon. I would be in for that as well...

POGO Euchre/Hearts/Spades FTW.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    POGO Euchre/Hearts/Spades FTW.

I knew they were available online but would be fun to get a forum group together... for something other than poker that is...
    Is there a bridge or euchre game we can play? Actually Mark mentioned he would like to get a live euchre night going sometime soon. I would be in for that as well...

As an fyi I would probably pay someone to teach me how to play bridge.

Such a sick strategy game that I just dont get.

wow, something I'm better than Wetts at! at least for 20 min or so till he picked it up...:( Actually haven't played for 30 years or so, earned my way through school financed by bridge and snooker.... but a long time ago...

+1, I keep meaning to learn.
    wow, something I'm better than Wetts at!

So much FAIL.

It involves cards, so obv. Wetts owns. Just because he has never played does not mean he won't win. He's probably already up a slam on you, Jeff . . . you just don't know it yet. Ninja skills, Ima tell you.
  • Milo wrote: »
    So much FAIL.

It involves cards, so obv. Wetts owns. Just because he has never played does not mean he won't win. He's probably already up a slam on you, Jeff . . . you just don't know it yet. Ninja skills, Ima tell you.

I only said I would be better for 20 min, but your right, maybe that is too optimistic...
  • Milo wrote: »
    So much FAIL.

I have no idea how to play but based on the above post I assume it is safe to say that running good in bridge is possible?
    I have no idea how to play but based on the above post I assume it is safe to say that running good in bridge is possible?

lol, running good does play but overall I would say that bridge has a much larger skill factor than does poker... A lot of bridge success comes from having a good partner whom you are in tune with...
  • Wetts, what you want to get into is DUPLICATE BRIDGE. Everybody, eventually, gets the same hands to play, and your score is based on how well you do by comparison.

To use a poker analogy, I win the blinds by shoving with my KK, whereas you take down a larger pot by slow playing them. You would score higher as a result.

Not the most elegant comparison, but it gets the point across. For the record, I HATE bridge. Love Euchre, though. Hearts, too.
  • I'm another player that wants to learn to play bridge.