Comments

• My Top 3 in order:

1 - Christmas Story (I sooooo want that lamp)
    2 - Christmas Carol (the original with Alistair Sim...every remake is crap)
    3 - Its a Wonderful Life
  • 1) A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sim pwns).
    2) Miracle on 34th Street (original, although the remake isn't too bad).
    3) How the Grinch Stole Christmas (not the movie, the TV show).

Never liked It's a Wonderful Life, call me a heretic . . .
  • Home alone!
  • I usually discount any movie <20 years old...

But "ELF" shot RIGHT up there.

Mark
  • Miracle on 34th street, with Sebastian Cabot?

Milton Slim
  • With Natalie Wood as the little girl, right? That's the original, isn't it?

I was right. 1947 with Maureen O'hara, and Natalie Wood, and 1994 with Elizabeth Perkins, Dylan McDermott, and Air Richard Attenborough as Kris.

Sebastian Cabot starred in a Made for TV version. Don't remember it, though . . .

Love the Post Office guys . . .
  • 1) Christmas Vacation
    2) The Ref
    3) Catch me if you can <--I know it's not a Christmas movie per say, but we always watch around the holidays, and the majority of the plot is played out on Christmas.

Of course we still watch Charlie Brown and The Grinch cartoons. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Merry Christmas!
  • Die Hard.
  • Christmas Story - BTW you can get the lamp from Leg Lamp at A Christmas Story House Gift Shop a neighbour has one in his front window...very classy.
    Christmas Vacation
    And while not a movie, when they are strung together the old classics Rudolph, Frosty and Charlie Brown christmas cartoons.
  • Maybe because the first takes place at Christmas, while the second takes place during the run-up to Christmas. Just sayin'
  • nobody voted for Christmas Vacation w Chevy Chase?? always cracks me up. The real spirit of Christmas.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    1) Christmas Vacation
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    nobody voted for Christmas Vacation w Chevy Chase?? always cracks me up. The real spirit of Christmas.

Thith post is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath.
  • aah . . . Kwanzaa. A festival younger than I am . . .
  • The Rudolph story with the elf that wanted to be a dentist.

watch?v=UIc2ZpflYug
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    1 - Christmas Story (I sooooo want that lamp)

I must be psychic! Got my lamp!!!
  • Not a movie, but Fairytale of New York video by the Pogues & Kirsty McColl! I've watched this on Christmas day for as long as I can remember.

"You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot, Merry Christmas you arse, I hope it's your last!"
  • ***White Christmas***