Kristy the computer bitch can kiss my ass

I had two computers die on me and I was left with the crankiest laptop which barely functions.

Even though it was prob a reasonable fix to get my desktop up and running it was a pretty easy decision to just junk the entire thing, especially since the main drive was an old 40gig IDE that was prob 15 years old and most of the rest of the components ranged from 10 to 6 years old. Life was good with all my machines running XP Pro but it was time to move on.

At one time I was fairly computer saavy and had actually built the old desktop myself from scratch but time moves on faster than you think and when everything works its a no-brainer to not keep up on the latest advancements in computer technology.

So on to a new Vostro desktop running Windows 7 while compuease tried to save my other laptop for me. Plugged the new desktop in tonight and it took me a few hours but I finally got XP and 7 talking to each other and FINALLY can print wirelessly again. Of course Microsoft ensures that this process is not simple. I feel like a crack user who has gone 2 weeks without a fix. I have a network again!

It was an expensive couple of weeks but I have been putting off any kind of computer/hardware upgrades for so long.

New i7 quad core desktop with 8gig ram and 1tb HD, with an old 320gig internal from the old desktop and a 320gig ext.
New 2tb backup drive
New 320gb laptop drive

I also got the coolest cable for $17 from Tiger Direct. It can USB connect essentially any drive (IDE, sATA). So I can use it to pull any files from my old 40gig drive, which totally cannot be connected internally to my new desktop because it is so ancient.

Buy the Cables Unlimited USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Cable at TigerDirect.ca

I hook up with compuease on Monday to get my good laptop back and hopefully everything is reinstalled and running smoothly by Christmas.

Comments

• What has this got to do with Kristy? Just curious . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    What has this got to do with Kristy? Just curious . . .

+1, I was all giddy:), I got ya back moose:D
  • Milo wrote: »
    What has this got to do with Kristy? Just curious . . .

What isn't related to me?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    What isn't related to me?

your mom
  • Kristy is the resident computer bitch after compuease. Search redirect loop.

Also photochop goddess.
  • Wow Moose, you are truly the king of finding good deals on stuff...chips and now pc hardware!

Was looking for a 20' monitor cable to hook up my pc to the new plasma tv to run tournament director on it. In Kingston the cord was going to be over $60. Half the price on tigerdirect. Had never heard of them before.
  • monoprice.com FTW on cables actually.
  • You are my new hero Moose! 1/6 of what I was going to pay here!