Comments

• lol ya I saw this, too funny!:)
  • I saw this as it happened and really didn't expect it to made such a big deal of.

I see it as more of a sign of sportsmanship where Deng allows him to do it, than the current North American view that Jack does it to show up the Bulls.

In soccer it is common practice to intentionally kick the ball out of play when an opponent is hurt (even if he's faking). Upon the throw in the ball is usually kicked back to the original team. But why would I be surprised that North Americans wouldn't see it that way?
  • I saw this as it happened and really didn't expect it to made such a big deal of.

I see it as more of a sign of sportsmanship where Deng allows him to do it, than the current North American view that Jack does it to show up the Bulls.

In soccer it is common practice to intentionally kick the ball out of play when an opponent is hurt (even if he's faking). Upon the throw in the ball is usually kicked back to the original team. But why would I be surprised that North Americans wouldn't see it that way?

Pretty much apples and oranges, though Mole, as no one was injured in the Raps game. Do you think, if Ronaldo put his foot on the ball to tie his boots, no one would try and take it away? The "big deal" is that no one on the Bulls tried to strip him of the ball for a freebie, at least imo.
  • Deng afforded him 8 seconds of his own shot clock to take care of what could be a dangerous situation. That's a big deal? If he goes at him Jack calls TO.

It may look funny and make the highlight reel because it doesn't happen much, but the other day I was hearing on the radio that Triano said he talked to him about not showing up opponents because of it. Misguided imo.