Player Skill Level - Fast vs Slow Tables

Hey all,

I am just looking for some opinions: Does anyone think there that there is any skill difference between players at Fast Tables vs players at Regular Speed Tables? Considering everything else to be the same (number of player's at the table, same bet level $1/$2, etc.,) is there a difference?

Comments

• I would guess that players are tighter on the slow tables while looser on the fast tables.
  • Graham wrote: »
    I would guess that players are tighter on the slow tables while looser on the fast tables.

You would immediately think so, but whenever I look at the Pot Size over the 10 player tables, usually the Faster Tables clump near the bottom for Pot Size with a greater percentage of Slow Tables near the top. This is what I see on PokerStars. Has anyone else noticed this?

I would estimate that more skilled players who feel comfortable with their game would be more likely to play fast tables, while people who are not as sure of themselves would want to play a slow table.
  • If you're multi-tabling 18 tables you might not want to play the fast tables ....

Hence my guess is you'll get fewer massive mult-tablers at fast tables.
  • When you say fast vs. slow are you talking about turbo vs. non-turbo, or are you talking about 6-man vs. 10-man?
    When you say fast vs. slow are you talking about turbo vs. non-turbo, or are you talking about 6-man vs. 10-man?

Shorter decision time imo.
  • Shorter decision time imo.
    Correct, plus these are cash tables, not tournament...
  • Shorter decision time imo.

Ohh.... yea, was thinking more SNGs, but I guess the OP means the tables that have FAST beside them.
    When you say fast vs. slow are you talking about turbo vs. non-turbo, or are you talking about 6-man vs. 10-man?

On PokerStars there are 10 man tables - Limit - that have 15 seconds to act and 10 man tables with 7 seconds to act called "Fast."

I don't play SNGs. I am useless 1 vs 1. Only full tables for me for now.

I'm still debating which is better, Fast or Regular tables. I prefer fast as I hate waiting so long for the Blinds to come after choosing to sit out a round. As well I often have to use the washroom bad and I click the Post Blind button without thinking on the Regular tables. On the Fast tables I just click "Sit Out Next Blind" and I'm good to go!

Licentia
  • Licentia wrote: »
    As well I often have to use the washroom bad and I click the Post Blind button without thinking on the Regular tables.

Get a laptop :D
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Get a laptop :D

I thought you preferred the adult-diaper?
  • I would say fast tables might be better then if I had to guess. The reason for this is I would think a lot less of the multi-table grinders that actually make money playing poker would be on these tables due to the reaction time needed.