Card Manipulation at its best!

I had to share this.....lolol.

I need to be able to deal like him.

Best Card Trick Ever

:ac:ah:ad:as

Comments

• lol that was pretty awesome
  • Fucking phenomenal! I want the extra card that was in the deck. Would be great to have at work when customers are being difficult :D
  • Very nicely done . . . but it's not original.

Two words . . .

Ricky Jay
  • Very good presentation... it's just slight of hand tricks... the cards are pre-arranged... and the deck is probably tapered. Every time someone cuts, he can un-cut them later. Watch when he riffle shuffles... at the last second before he pushed the cards together, he pulls them apart and it looks he's cutting the deck because of the camera angle.

Here's a screen capture of the deck when he first spreads them out... everything is in order to start....

7677b32576674cbabd00c492b9b12a48Attachment not found.
    7677b32576674cbabd00c492b9b12a48
  • Very good presentation... it's just slight of hand tricks... the cards are pre-arranged... and the deck is probably tapered. Every time someone cuts, he can un-cut them later. Watch when he riffle shuffles... at the last second before he pushed the cards together, he pulls them apart and it looks he's cutting the deck because of the camera angle.

Here's a screen capture of the deck when he first spreads them out... everything is in order to start....

7677b32576674cbabd00c492b9b12a48Attachment not found.
    7677b32576674cbabd00c492b9b12a48

Ban . . . for being a bigger cynic than I am.

Seriously, though, Ricky Jay is AWESOME.
  • Wow that was pretty sweet
  • that was awesome!
  • Yes yes it is a trick and I know he could not just do that with any deck, however the execution is everything...gonna hafta check out this Ricky Jay (thanks Milo).......I will still think its freakin' awesome ....but the real question here is .....

How many of you did the hand trick and then did it again when it didnt work? Be honest now!!!

Ahem *I did* cough cough :P
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Yes yes it is a trick and I know he could not just do that with any deck, however the execution is everything...gonna hafta check out this Ricky Jay (thanks Milo).......I will still think its freakin' awesome ....but the real question here is .....

How many of you did the hand trick and then did it again when it didnt work? Be honest now!!!

That's another one that is set up. When the camera cuts back to the view of the theatre he pulls his hands apart to 'help' another guy in the audience that isn't getting it. At that point he quickly flips his hand around. When the camera cuts back to a closeup, you can see that his arm is rotated from the previous closeup.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Yes yes it is a trick and I know he could not just do that with any deck, however the execution is everything...gonna hafta check out this Ricky Jay (thanks Milo).......I will still think its freakin' awesome ....but the real question here is .....

Ricky Jay does a more advanced version of this trick. He adds the following gimmicks to essentially the same trick:

He "shuffles" and allows the Mark to cut the deck. Trick still works.
    He lets the Mark shuffle, then he "cuts" the deck. Trick still works.
    Lastly, he lets the Mark shuffle AND cut (it might be vice versa). Then he deals and, you guessed it . . . Trick still works.

I am a SUCKER for magic, particularly table magic. With the possible exception of the late Doug Henning, I have NEVER seen a practioner more skilled than Ricky Jay. Even though you know what the gimmick might be for a given trick, you will not catch him out. I cannot wait for his next visit to T.O.
  • Lets try this . . . click the second link.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OW9H4izfxqQ"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OW9H4izfxqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
  • Hey, if Kristy can do it . . .
  • Thanks again Milo!! Been watching clips of him....um WOW!

Shar
  • Card manipulation of a different kind ... but equally impressive.

YouTube - www.thecuso.info presents Dimitri Arleri - "Opera" Card Flourishes
  • That was very impressive ... i would definately be good at 52 pick-up trying that kind of stuff :)
  • Wow, that was impressive.
  • I was reminded of this clip I saw a few years ago.

YouTube - Bill Malone - Sam the Bellhop
  • YouTube - A Correctly Structured Drama - Ricky Jay

Remember,

If someone bets you that the king of spades will jump out of the deck, do the tango and squirt water into your ear...

Don't take the bet,

or else you will have a wet ear.