Epic fail

355_20091118_001.jpg
Car:
1996 Ferrari F355 GTS
Description:
23 year old driver had managed to borrow $75,000 to buy this Ferrari. His plan was to drive it for a year and sell it for close to the same price. This way, he could drive a Ferrari for a year and not cost too much. Unfortunately, he didn't have insurance when he crashed into a guardrail at 150 mph.

Comments

• Wow, that sure was a phone call from karma if I ever saw one.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Wow, that sure was a phone call from karma if I ever saw one.

+1.

Driving a $75K supercar with no insurance is just plain STOOPID!
  • Tangent that this thread made me think about: I truly hate the amount one loses on the depreciation of cars. They are the single stupidest thing that people spend money on.

To anyone that has ever bought a new car..you're a donk.
  • I read this after I saw the link to the site in that other thread. All I can say is what a moron. It's bad enough he didn't have insurance, but then taking the car to 150mph is just idiotic, especially for a young (and most likely) inexperienced driver.
  • My friend who owned a Ferrari says, "Ferrari's are a pain. Ferrari is a race company that happens to sell a few cars to consumers to pay for their billion dollar racing addiction. Fit, finish and engines on the consumer cars would make Ralph Nader shudder, they are all awful."

It was cool to ride in it though...