Ontario poker league?

I may be moving to Ontario in 2010 and I'm wondering if there's a league there like there's in Quebec.

There are places/bars in every area having poker games from 1 to 3 times a week, you win points to qualify for bigger tourny, up to the big one where cash is handed out and buy ins for WPT/WSOP/CPT tournement...

It's more of a friendly league, it's 2$ per time you play so it makes pretty cheap and fun nights. So I,m wondering if there's that type of league in Ontario or places where you can play for cheap.

Thanks.

Comments

• wptapl.ca is pretty much what you described. Bar league that awards points and attracts terrible players. It's spread through most of Ontario. And since it would be illegal in Ontario for a bar league to charge any money, it's free.
  • Red Hot Poker Tour is another league and is an official WSOP satellite location.
  • Hey Kostitsyn1489,

I run the Canadian Amateur Poker Tour and we are expanding in Season 2 from the Barrie area, South to the GTA as of January 2010. It always free to play in our league and we are giving away, once each 12 week season, a trip to the BC Championship, a three month membership online with Poker VT with the runner up receiving a trip to Montreal for the Montreal Open in support of the Miriam Foundation.

Check out our website and find out what we're all about....

www.CanAmPokerTour.ca
  • Thanks guys... I wish players were actually decent... I mean where I play there areat least 10 players that are pretty good every night out of 20-30.

I'm gonna look at it if I'm moving, I'm gonna be in or around Belleville by then.