range?

6 person table, 5 buck entry...no reads on anyone.
Blinds 10/20

You Were Dealt (Ac, Qd)
ptrain86> lol
DOHAWK1 Raised to 20
tstriker Folds
Machidon7 Folds
DennisBSPT Raised to 75
ptrain86 Folds
LatetBarosh Folds
DOHAWK1 Calls 55
Dealing Flop (3c,8h,7d)
DOHAWK1 Bets 10
DennisBSPT Raised to 103
DOHAWK1 Calls 93
Dealing Turn (Jc)
DOHAWK1 Bets 10
DennisBSPT Raised to 206
DOHAWK1 Calls 196
Dealing River (3s)
DOHAWK1 Bets 10

What should we determine from his pattern? Anything?

Comments

• Often it's a blocking play trying to freeze the action with a marginal hand. How deep are the stacks?
  • he has A8.

just takeing a stab in the dark mind you, i am bored:D
  • While I agree with Reef that typically with competent villains this is a kind of blocker bet, I have seen more and more of this min-bet-every-street-completely ignore everything else play.

It is showing up alot in the mid to low limits and specifically by Euros.

I call for no other reason that what Ive seen is your A high is good almost half the time, and if you raise hes likely calling - regardless of the cards.
  • Often it's a blocking play trying to freeze the action with a marginal hand. How deep are the stacks?

This was my thought as well...hence the re-raises each time..figured him on a big ace and might leave...

Stacks are full...1500? I think it was..

I realize there is no need for me to be in there after the call on the flop and a call is best..but I figured he had to go away..lol..I like these cheap games for betting some frustrations away..

He shows AKo when all was said and done...just was trying to determine if this is a pretty common thing at this level...or what we should gather from this betting style..didn't make any sense to me at all...
  • ive seen players do this with and without hands, its a good question i'm gonna pay attention to it, but its to easy to hit the min raise button for it to signal something significant i think
  • DennisG wrote: »
    This was my thought as well...hence the re-raises each time..figured him on a big ace and might leave...

Stacks are full...1500? I think it was..

I realize there is no need for me to be in there after the call on the flop and a call is best..but I figured he had to go away..lol..I like these cheap games for betting some frustrations away..

He shows AKo when all was said and done...just was trying to determine if this is a pretty common thing at this level...or what we should gather from this betting style..didn't make any sense to me at all...

part marks for getting one of the cards right?:D