Snowboarding

Anyone here snowboard? Ive been boarding for about 5 years, excited that mountains are finally open.

Comments

• When you say "mountains", are you refering to places in BC, Alberta, or Quebec? Don't over react to that question if you live in Ontario please... My 9 year old just learned to snowboard last year on a landfill site!
  • I have always wanted to learn. I am thinking about giving it a try this year.
  • When you say "mountains", are you refering to places in BC, Alberta, or Quebec? Don't over react to that question if you live in Ontario please... My 9 year old just learned to snowboard last year on a landfill site!
    Im talking about Alberta. Lake Louis, Whistler, Marmot.
    Graham wrote: »
    I have always wanted to learn. I am thinking about giving it a try this year.
    Go for it Graham! Its really fun, I started competing last year with a buddy of mine. One thing though, when you start boarding it will be frustrating and hard at first until you learn to carve. So don't give up :P
  • rasta on snow :) I have boarded in Whistler, Sunshine Village, Banff, etc. But its been a few years. Sunshine was my favourite. Plan to go back in a few years once my kids have taken up the sport.
  • Graham wrote: »
    I have always wanted to learn. I am thinking about giving it a try this year.

G...the best advice I have..GET LESSONS!! Reduce the learning curve and ease some frustration.

I skiied for 15 years before getting on a board...1/2 day of lessons...I will never go back to skiiing..lol..after saying for so many years that I would never board.

I don't board the "hills" per se..as I refuse to pay 50-80 bucks to wait in line. I throw 50 bucks worth of fuel in my sled, and head to the back country. Steep and deep!!!!

Ok..time to go find the board now...