Multi Monitors

ok for some reason i just started my ole laptop up and it seems to be somewhat working and programs i thought i uninstalled are back, i thought i was going to have to take to future shop to get repaired as i got a virus way back when but removed it with scan, but it already did damage, have not tried internet yet but i think it is still fecked, and it is slow as hell, but anywhoo i just want to use it as a 2nd monitor for poker.

Question is how do you set it up for poker using 2 monitors?

As you can tell i am not a grade A computer person, but i want to multi table.

Comments

• philliivey wrote: »
    ok for some reason i just started my ole laptop up and it seems to be somewhat working and programs i thought i uninstalled are back, i thought i was going to have to take to future shop to get repaired as i got a virus way back when but removed it with scan, but it already did damage, have not tried internet yet but i think it is still fecked, and it is slow as hell, but anywhoo i just want to use it as a 2nd monitor for poker.

Question is how do you set it up for poker using 2 monitors?

As you can tell i am not a grade A computer person, but i want to multi table.

First of all you should clean up your system, it's not really all that hard. Refer to my thread below for some good info.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/antivirus-spyware-info-20488/

also download an run Malwarebytes MBAM from below to remove most spyware.
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Have a look at my post in this thread, it may help..
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/computer-virus-problems-19765/

As for two monitors, I assume you have an external monitor port on your laptop? It's usually ctrl-F6 to switch between monitors or have both monitors active at once.
  • Ain't going to work as a second screen because laptops are usually out only, no input.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ain't going to work as a second screen because laptops are usually out only, no input.

wow i was just looking at that, good time moose, yup just figured that out before coming on the forum, good thing i did not buy the vga cable, well i could and use it to hook it up to my tv still.:)
  • ya the internet is fooked on the ole one, so hold em manager and update for full tilt won't work as they need internet, pokerstars and another program still works on it so i can use it still if i want to be crazy and play alot. If i go to future shop i will lose everything as i think they will have to uninstall everything and install windows again which is no big deal except hold em manager and another program as i might not be able to get another licence from them.

I am getting a dll/dnserror somethin or another when i try and open internet on the ole laptop.(obv not the new one which i am on now).

I don't have the money now anyway to get it fixed or a vga cable but maybe down the line i will.:)
  • so was up late last night fooling around with it and on it still today, i got firefox now and can get internet, thank god i use to work for a computer place and i have a flash drive, i uninstalled full tilt and will try to install again as it would still not do the update for me.

I am running malware bytes scan now and i did a couple of other things which seemed to help in speed of laptop anyway.

If only i could do this(if it all works out) for 20-25 dollars a hour i would be rich.:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    If only i could do this(if it all works out) for 20-25 dollars a hour i would be rich.:)
    Quit undercutting my rates! lol... And you won't get rich at that price.... (Hopefully ddmilcan doesn't see Philli's post and hire him instead of me) :)
  • HAHA, ya i figured it could have been higher:)

It took alot of reading of articles and google.