Instadebit

Hello everyone,

I am running Pokerstars on Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 via Wine 1.0. Everything seems to work great except Instadebit.

I have signed up for an account with Instadebit and have verified my account as well. When I click to "Buy Chips" in Pokerstars the pop-up window appears to ask how I want to pay. I select Instadebit and click "Deposit."

After clicking "Deposit" a little pop up window appears telling me the deposit limit information. I click OK and a large window appears with 2 question boxes. The first is how much I want to deposit and the second is for inputting a deposit code.

I enter the "Charge Amount" and then the "Bonus Code" and I click "Submit." Then... well... nothing happens. If I try to go through the process again I get an error saying the transaction is still being processed and that I should try again in 5-10 minutes.

Am I missing something? Should there not be a window within Pokerstars where I log into Instadebit? Is the transaction done or is nothing happening? Is there a window that I am missing?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Licentia

Comments

• What is Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 via Wine 1.0?
  • Another window should come up taking you to the instadebit site where you must log in your instadebit info and confirm the purchase.
  • Hmmmmm........thought Pokerstars didn't use Instadebit as a deposit option? Has this changed?
  • Graham wrote: »
    What is Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 via Wine 1.0?

^^
    this x10
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Hmmmmm........thought Pokerstars didn't use Instadebit as a deposit option? Has this changed?

lol..forgot about that...I don't know if they do now?
  • Have you tried emailing support also?
  • Yeah they have Instadebit now but it works fine for me....email support, they should be able to help you out.
  • Licentia wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am running Pokerstars on Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 via Wine 1.0.

This is a windows emulator that runs under unix/linux.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Another window should come up taking you to the instadebit site where you must log in your instadebit info and confirm the purchase.

Ubuntu Hardy Heron is a version of Linux. It appears that the version of Wine that I am using is not giving me the last pop-up screen that I need. I suppose I will have to either try a newer version of Wine (Windows Emulator) or connect Windows 2000 to the net.

Thanks so much for the assistance!
    Hmmmmm........thought Pokerstars didn't use Instadebit as a deposit option? Has this changed?

It's an option for me. Not a working one currently however.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Yeah they have Instadebit now but it works fine for me....email support, they should be able to help you out.

Sweet......easier to transfer between FTP and Stars now.....when is Party getting on board?

As for your problem, sorry, don't have any helpful insight.....guessing it has to have something to do with the operating system.
    Sweet......easier to transfer between FTP and Stars now.....when is Party getting on board?

As for your problem, sorry, don't have any helpful insight.....guessing it has to have something to do with the operating system.

You need to teach me how to do this....if I cash out some money on Full Tilt and it's in my instadebit, then I try and deposit through instadebit on Stars, it automatically goes through my bank.......HELP PLZ!
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    You need to teach me how to do this....if I cash out some money on Full Tilt and it's in my instadebit, then I try and deposit through instadebit on Stars, it automatically goes through my bank.......HELP PLZ!

Lol....sorry, haven't tried it yet with Stars. I think the only time you have a problem is if you're account is set up in C$.....had that problem with 888, as I registered in C$ instead of US$.

Titan I used U$ and it just took it out of my INSTADEBIT US$ balance, as that is how my FTP is set up (not sure if they give you an option).

Funny think I learned with Instadebit though, you can't access from the US. Was down for the WSOP last year, and I couln't access my FTP funds, as it wouldn't let me login in to INSTADEBIT's site from a US IP.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Another window should come up taking you to the instadebit site where you must log in your instadebit info and confirm the purchase.

Is the window that should appear next a web-browser window or is it part of the Pokerstars software?

I just upgraded Wine but I have the same result. If the next window that pops up is a web browser window like Internet Explorer/Firefox then the problem is that Wine is not opening Firefox.
  • Licentia wrote: »
    Is the window that should appear next a web-browser window or is it part of the Pokerstars software?

I believe it's a web-browser
    Lol....sorry, haven't tried it yet with Stars. I think the only time you have a problem is if you're account is set up in C$.....had that problem with 888, as I registered in C$ instead of US$.

Titan I used U$ and it just took it out of my INSTADEBIT US$ balance, as that is how my FTP is set up (not sure if they give you an option).

Funny think I learned with Instadebit though, you can't access from the US. Was down for the WSOP last year, and I couln't access my FTP funds, as it wouldn't let me login in to INSTADEBIT's site from a US IP.

Here's a copy of the e-mail they send:

You have received a credit of XXXXX USD to your INSTADEBIT credit balance account from merchant Full Tilt Poker. Your total balance of available credit funds is XXXXX USD. You can leave these funds in your balance to make payments to merchants or withdraw them to your bank account.
    Your credit balance will be used automatically when you make payments to merchants if there is enough money in your balance to cover the value of the transaction. You can use your CAD balance to transact with CAD merchants and your USD balance for USD merchants. If there is not enough money in your Balance Account, the entire amount of your purchase will be withdrawn directly from your bank account as usual.
    I believe it's a web-browser

Thanks for your response.

It is indeed a web-browser that pops up. I tried a Live CD for Ubuntu Jaunty, installing Wine and Pokerstars but that wouldn't open a browser window either. Eventually I just set up Windows 2000 with all the drivers and firewalls and anti-virus and all the other gosh awful hassles Windows users have to deal with.

Now I aim to not have to make anymore deposits - so I can play on Ubuntu - but instead to grow my money slow and sure.

This. +1