Problems with Full Tilt from Canada?

Ok let me tell you a story this happened 2 hours ago

I was playing on full tilt play money and saw a tournament i wanted to join. So I deposited 200 bucks US (from my visa) and it went through instantly. The buy in was $115 bucks so I joined and lost which I don't mind because its gambling, but here where things go wrong.

Having $85 bucks left I wanted to join a cash game but I wanted to join the $3/$6 blinds but needing a $300 buy in minimum to participate. So I went back to cashiers section and try to deposited another 400 bucks. This time it was pending for the longest time. Then for some strange reason my connection was dropped.

I log back in and couldn't log in no more with my current password, I tried using the "forgot password" option many times and it still wouldn't work!!

Now I make another account, but this time with a new credit card, but as soon as I hit the confirm button (after entering the amount, address and all) it disconnects me and the same thing happens! Can't log back into the account nor the forgot password option is working with many retries!

So now thinking my visa was locked I called visa and they said that there were some restrictions with visa international that they don't trust online gambling transaction due to there's just too many to keep track of (since new gambling sites are open everyday). So asking why it accepted my first transaction and not my second the lady said she had no idea and sometimes you can get away with it (WTF did this ever happen to anybody here?)

So confused I made one last account using the first credit card and as soon as I hit confirm to make the deposit it kicks my connection and there's an email sent saying my credit card was declined, as well as the password to my account does not work anymore, at this point I didn't bother to try the Forgot password option.

I emailed support/accounts on full tilt and still waiting on their reply, did anyone in canada have problems using visa for gambling? please help!

Comments

• Wow. Definitely a few things to go over in this post.

1) Why buy into a $115 tournament if you only have $200? Terrible, terrible bankroll management.

2) Why not just play a smaller limit cash game? Also, buying in short is terrible, especially if when you're buying in short you're putting your whole roll on a single table. Which again, goes back to the bankroll management point.

3) Multi-accounting. VERY BAD. DON'T DO THIS!

4) Poker isn't gambling.

Now, no, this has never happened to me, or anyone else that I know. But, it could have something to do with using the same credit card on multi accounts.
  • 1) well the tournament had no rebuys so I figured that would be enough, 1st time playing online so i made my mistake

2) I would if i could enter my account and start playing!

3) even if you add a second credit card to the same account? I wanted to play so badly and they were slow on tech support!

4) It isn't? Hm that's what the lady on the phone told me when i called into visa.

I'm still waiting on the email :|
  • Ok, this is for points 1 and 2. Bankroll management is one of the most important aspects of poker, and being successful in playing poker. General rule of this, for cash games is to always have at least 20 buy ins for whatever level you're playing. Ex; If you have a bankroll of $500, you would have enough to be able to play 25NL(.10c/.25c). For tournaments and sit n gos it's a little different. For these it's recommended you have up to 40 buy ins due to the fact that you're not always making the money. So really, this is the most important thing to learn, and if you put it in practice properly you should never go busto.

Now, about the credit card situation, I have no idea. I use mastercard and have never had a problem depositing anywhere, so maybe look into that. And no, poker isn't gambling. It's a skill game. Don't listen to some lady at visa.
  • i was just looking to have some fun, i was prepared to lose what i put in. I just wanna play my 80 dollar instead of letting it go to waste :(

do you have problems depositing/withdrawing with mastercard as well? i assume your a Canadian player that plays on full tilt no problem?

still no email... what happens if they don't contact me or let me have my account back... so my 80 dollars is gone?
  • I'm really not sure what will happen. Full Tilt will get back to you, it's just a matter of time. Chances are support wasn't available when you sent the email. For your sake you should hope they don't notice the multiple accounts as it is technically a form of cheating, and in that case they can lock the accounts. Yes, I'm a Canadian player on Full Tilt, and I have never had any problems using mastercard. I use that for deposits, and moneybookers for withdrawals.
  • Here is a possibility of what could have happened. From what I have heard Full Tilt is constantly rotating their payment processors so maybe the 1st transaction went through fine because you hit one of the newer ones or one that the banks hadn't caught onto yet. When you went to make the 2nd deposit either Full Tilt or your CC (even though they say they didn't) flagged the transaction as suspicious and wouldn't let it go through. Creating the 2nd account was probably not the best solution (as they can seize your money if they find you to be having multiple accounts due to this being against their terms of service). Just email support and wait for them to get back to you.
  • gl OP in getting more money online. I am hoping you can get all issues fixed and continue grinding, try some other methods other then CC imo