My Pet Peeve..(This week)

I was at a funeral yesterday and as we made the procession from the funeral home to the grave I was horrified by how many people did not:
-pull over,
-tried to not allow us to drive together
-rushed us/honked while we were being directed through red lights

and one car even cut into the middle of the procession!

Your driving Pet Peeves?

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I was at a funeral yesterday and as we made the procession from the funeral home to the grave I was horrified by how many people did not:
    -pull over,
    -tried to not allow us to drive together
    -rushed us/honked while we were being directed through red lights

and one car even cut into the middle of the procession!

Is this a level?

You can't seriously be shocked at the general level of behaviour that is rampant in society these days? Have you been living under a rock for the past 20 years, and missed the "I want it now generation"?

Count me shocked and outraged too!
  • ^^You're right of course, but I admit- I was truly surprised. It's that belief that people are inherently good and when tested they will do the right thing. I was really disappointed yesterday.
  • I generally operate on the assumption that all people are assholes until they prove otherwise. This leads to fewer disappointments in life.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I generally operate on the assumption that all people are assholes until they prove otherwise. This leads to fewer disappointments in life.

ohhhhhhhh good advice, actually i am going about that the same way.

Kristy

you should have got the plate numbers and track the feckers down
  • actually my cousin got out of his car and screamed at the person who cut in the procession until they pulled over.

I support this choice.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    actually my cousin got out of his car and screamed at the person who cut in the procession until they pulled over.

I support this choice.

Good for him.
    Last time I stopped for a procession the idiot behind me started honking his horn.
  • Super tilt when you get cutoff by someone like theyre in a rush and then they make an immediate left hand turn to their destination 50 feet away.
  • The idiots that use the acceleration lanes onto the highway as their own private passing lane.

Basically anyone that rushes up past a line of slow traffic when they know the lane is ending and forces their way in. Wait for FUKIN turn like everyone else.

Man I really hate the Sesame Street generation.
  • Also, and not necessarily driving related:

Anyone wearing a bluetooth.

Seriously.

You look like a douchebag.

Just stop.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Also, and not necessarily driving related:

Seriously.

Just stop.

And with the New Law on Cells, you'll see more.
    I realllly try to remember to take mine off when I get out of the car cause I agree with you. :)
  • My mantra for those situations..." they are driving to the best of their abilities."
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Also, and not necessarily driving related:

Seriously.

Just stop.

Seriously... And with Bluetooth enabled CB radios now available, what's cooler than that...

10-4 Good Buddy!
    I generally operate on the assumption that all people are assholes until they prove otherwise. This leads to fewer disappointments in life.

This. Applies to anyone behind the wheel of a car these days.
  • This. Applies to most anyone these days.
    Fixed it for you.
    Fixed it for you.

Nah, I give humans not attached to motor vehicles the benefit of the doubt.
  • Nah, I give humans not attached to motor vehicles the benefit of the doubt.

Thus proving my point.:D
  • people that try to piggy back at a stop sign.
  • Man I really hate the Sesame Street generation.[/QUOTE]

People that blame muppets for shit that isn't their fault. Like the US Concerned Parents for the Betterment of Their Children or whoever the buggers were that made Cookie Monster start eating veggies because "he's the reason American children are obese!" Yeah, it has nothing to do with fat parents who park their kids in front of televisions as the new babysitter (cheaper than teenagers right?) and never getting them outside for exercise! Bunch of pricks. They always have to tear down heroes.