SunPoker $10K Cash Races for PokerForum.ca members..

Hi Pokerforum.ca members,

SunPoker is hosting 2 $5,000 cash races every month for the top 10 cash players on SunPoker, and in the first month were adding extra $1,775 to each of the two races EXCLUSIVELY for PokerForum.ca members who play at SunPoker. Be sure to sign up here: SunPoker

$5k Bi-weekly Prize Pool - PokerForum.ca Prize Pool

1st - $2500 - 1st - $3,250
2nd - $700 - 2nd - $1,000
3rd - $500 - 3rd - $750
4th - $300 - 4th - $425
5th - $250 - 5th - $350
6th - $200 - 6th - $250
7th - $175 - 7th - $200
8th - $150 - 8th - $175
9th - $125 - 9th - $150
10th - $100 - 10th - $125

The first cash race runs from the 1st of the month until 11:59PM GMT on the 2nd Sunday of the month. The second rake race runs from the 2nd Sunday at 00:01AM GMT till the end of the month at 11:59PM GMT, Overlapping the 2nd Sunday, (what Sun is calling a “Double Dip”), to keep the competition fierce, as a good last day of play for race 1, makes a good first day for race 2…

Also, remember that PokerForum.ca members get a $600 bonus at Sunpoker, larger than the $500 bonus. (SunPoker Bonus)

See you at the tables..

Mark

Comments

• As I can't post in the original thread,

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f34/sunpoker-%2410k-cash-races-pokerforum-ca-members-20742/

Graham can you confirm that the $5k promo tournament is only open to pokerforum.ca members. It states that it is for the top 10 cash players, but is this only pokerforum.ca players? Also, will the $5k be paid out no matter what amount is generated by Sunpoker in rake from this promo. i.e. if they get only a few members signing up to the site (less than 10 for example), will they guarantee to run the $5k + member's tournament in any case? Seems too good to be true.

Thanks for your help.
  • I assume this is only for members who sign up via that link? I already have a sun account.
  • by the time they answer our questions, it will be time for the tournament to start. I think you have to finish in the top ten of all cash game players and then you get the revised payout based on your placing in the tournament. Probably virtually impossible to finish in the top 10.
  • PokerJah,

From what SunPoker told me, I believe you are correct that you would need to finish in the top 10 overall for all players to be eligible for the additional money for pokerforum.ca members.
  • Graham wrote: »
    PokerJah,

From what SunPoker told me, I believe you are correct that you would need to finish in the top 10 overall for all players to be eligible for the additional money for pokerforum.ca members.

thanks for being honest; kind of misleading how its worded. Be interesting to know how much rake the top ten generate for this site to see how feasible this is.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    thanks for being honest; kind of misleading how its worded. Be interesting to know how much rake the top ten generate for this site to see how feasible this is.

Hopefully SunPoker can answer that.