Kitchener NL Hold'em November 14th 3:30PM

2»

Comments

• Hi. I think I played at your place a couple years ago. Do you have room for me today?
    Chris
  • Just in case I am late, I am going to say that I will be late so I don't get bumped. Thanks. :D
  • Thanks again buzzard! Great tourney.
  • Beanie, so sorry I forgot I was driving you home.
  • moose wrote: »
    Beanie, so sorry I forgot I was driving you home.

lol
  • Thanks again for the game Buzzard. Everything positive I had heard about your tournament turned out to be true. I wish somebody would have warned me that Aces are no good at your place...haha.

Easily the best run tournament in Kitchener I've ever been too. Counting out the cash game chips before hand is just genius.

I'll be back for shizzle.
  • Dave thanks once again for a good day...
  • Dave thanks for the tourney - it was worth the drive to Kitchener! Susi and I felt it was a fun, well-run tournament with lots of great people around.

I tried to suck out my way to the title, but darn-it, Roger wouldn't let me! Roger played great and adapted to my style which is ultimately the reason why he finally prevailed. He deserved it, overcoming two massive bad beats (one each from Kaye and me) to do so.

I hope to be back on the 12th to defend my silver medal - Cheers!
  • Thanks for your kind words Johnnie and Jeff, I hope you all make it back again.

Congratulations to woog30 for being the first to win twice on the Holt Poker Tour. In the best played heads up we have ever had here, Roger prevailed over Mymoon Jeff to take the title. They battled for well over an hour, probably closer to two, with chips flying back and forth across the table. Roger started out with a huge chip lead but the win was in doubt the entire time. I am very glad I was here to watch it.

Kaye finished in 3rd spot for his first cash here, while ItsaMe, DrTyore and Hacky Mike all cashed again. Sorry for the bad cards I must have given you Mario, it was the first time I ever saw you fold 50 hands in a row.

JohnnieH made his debut here and unfortunately was the first one out when his pocket aces got cracked by sstars friend Karl. Nice to see he hung around and was one of the last to leave the cash game.
    Mymoon Jeff and his wife Suzi were also here for the first time. I was at the same table as Suzi and it was a pleasure playing with her. She lost most of her stack when her pocket Jacks were beaten by luckbox Roger's 3h-4h. As previously mentioned Jeff took down 2nd place.

A big thank you to Sandy for dealing the cash game AGAIN. And thank you to everyone who cleaned the upstairs while I dealt the final table. It made things so easy for me after you all left.

My next tournament will be on December 12th at 1:30pm. Unfortunately it will be running opposite Merry Xmas Madness at Bristol. I think I can still get 30-40 players here as there are a lot of non-Forumers who are looking to play and other Forumers who would rather play in a more serious type tournament. That is the only Saturday I have open in December, so I can't move it. For those that are playing at Bristol, have fun and hopefully you will be back in January.
  • 39. JohnnieH
    38. Leyna
    37. Craig
    36. Strubby
    35. The Aux
    34. Milan
    33. Wineman
    32. waltsfriend
    31. Ryan_Eh
    30. Mac
    29. Suzy
    28. Mike P.
    27. Darren
    26. Brian
    25. Vic
    24. chrisrowl111
    23. Cvette
    22. Carsey
    21. Marty
    20. Lori
    19. reibs
    18. Harry
    17. moose
    16. Botmac
    15. Buzzzardd
    14. damanj16
    13. Dan
    12. Hellmuth's Mole
    11. Vuk
    10. Karl
    9. sstar
    8. Sherri
    7. isnork (Bubble)
    6. Hacky Mike ($140)
    5. DrTyore ($185)
    4. ItsaMe ($260)
    3. Kaye ($350)
    2. Mymoon ($515)
    1. woog30 ($890)
  • *Cough* if the forumers aren't there it will be more of a bingofest at your tourney....seriously a tough decision.
  • moose wrote: »
    *Cough* if the forumers aren't there it will be more of a bingofest at your tourney....seriously a tough decision.

I disagree. The more bingo players the better! With a Patience Factor of 15 and a Skill Level of 6, this structure allows for a lot of rebounds against bad beats. I love it. True Bingo is for Fallsview satellites!

Sometimes, a raise by AK gets called by 87, and the 87 outflops the AK and decides it's the best hand. Sometimes, too, J8 suited gets re-raised and decides to call THAT. Then that J8 flops a flush!

It's poker, and shite happens.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Sorry for the bad cards I must have given you Mario, it was the first time I ever saw you fold 50 hands in a row.

Liar. Mario cannot fold that many hands if he is sitting at the table. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Liar. Mario cannot fold that many hands if he is sitting at the table. ;)

He actually was sitting at the table AND he was almost speechless.
  • I hadn't come back to check who won till now. Congrat's Roger! Nice job winning two of them. Thanks for the game again Dave, I hope I'm free for the next one on the 12th.

Sean
  • I hadn't come back to check who won till now. Congrat's Roger! Nice job winning two of them. Thanks for the game again Dave, I hope I'm free for the next one on the 12th.

Sean
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    He actually was sitting at the table AND he was almost speechless.

He must have been sleeping