Favorite Online Poker Site For a New On-liner

Hey everyone... I'm a fairly new poker player and just recently I've been trying to get into some online games as well (mostly because I have a terrible poker face in person haha). I see there are quite a few sites out there and I'm just wondering which one(s) you guys would recommend me trying out first? What's everyone's favorites?

Comments

• get rakeback or pokersource first. pm if you want to give a referral.
  • My personal favourite is PartyPoker by far, but if you won't be playing enough to reach the VIP status of a site, then a site with rakeback especially the Merge network would lose the least money for newbies. PokerStars and FTP are the worst if you want to win money, as most of the best tournament and cash game grinders in the world play there so those two sites have the lowest percentage of winning players that can beat the rake.
    I'm a fairly new poker player and just recently I've been trying to get into some online games as well (mostly because I have a terrible poker face in person haha). I see there are quite a few sites out there and I'm just wondering which one(s) you guys would recommend me trying out first? What's everyone's favorites?
  • It really comes down to what you are looking for. I think our Top 5 Poker Sites list has a good collection of sites.

If you want traffic and never want to wait for a game, Pokerstars or Full Tilt Poker are the best 2 poker sites hands down.

If you want good tournaments, promotions for Canadians and looser competition check out a site like Party Poker, Betfair or Sun Poker.

Not every site offers rakeback (ie. Party Poker, Pokerstars, Betfair, Sun Poker), but if you plan on playing a lot then definitely look into one that does. We have an offer for 30% rakeback at Aced, which is on the Merge Network.
  • hey thanks. On my way to try every one of the suggestions.