Gotta See This....

Comments

• So so sick... that was amazing!
  • Useless skill

I really hope hockey doesn't trend towards basketball where it becomes a game of showmanship and not teamwork. This kid has worked hours on this, albeit pretty, skill set, when there will almost NEVER be a scenario he can use it in-game.

Mark
  • Yeah I hate it when entertainment gets mixed into sports. Coming from a wrestling fan makes it sound even crazier.

Coach to kid : HEY! Stop practicing that useless skill set and get over here and skate lines.....for the 4 millionth time. There's no having fun here this is hockey!

And I can't believe you said NEVER. You really can't see the day that some NHL'er doesn't break out this or a similar variation in a shoot out? I say within 2 years. Of course Don Cherry will be there to put a hit out (and AJ and Milo may use their firepower to do it) but guaranteed the fans in the stands will be up on their feet cheering it and telling their kids and grandkids that they were there when.....

But those fans always seem secondary to the purists.
  • My daughter recently went to a birthday party at a rec centre. Like any good Dad, I went off to the bar. On the way I passed through the rink, and the kids were actually practicing the "lift" portion of this move. Why they were doing this is beyond me, unless it was a reward for paying attention at practice . . .

As for this sort of stuff not being practical in a game, I beg to differ. Have you seen some of the moves being used in the shoot-outs? Some of them are border line to being illegal, based on the rule book, but they sure are fun to watch.

As for this move working in the NHL, I doubt it. NHL goalies have better reflexes. This goalie was just going, WTF? An NHL goalie would react to the move. Might not stop it, but he'd react to it.
    I think you're more likely to see some sort of lacrosse type move with the puck on the blade.
  • this has been done in a game before a while back. Very similar anyways

YouTube - Michigan's Amazing Goal

YouTube - Incredible Hockey Goal
  • Very sick move, so hard to do
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Useless skill

I really hope hockey doesn't trend towards basketball where it becomes a game of showmanship and not teamwork. This kid has worked hours on this, albeit pretty, skill set, when there will almost NEVER be a scenario he can use it in-game.

Mark

Bzzt. Fail.

YouTube - Sidney Crosby amazing goal
  • Only way to stop this stuff would be the institution of a rule making it illegal to "carry" the puck on the blade of the stick. Not advocating for this, but that would put an end to it.
  • LOL!

Ok, let me see if I've got this right?

The last clip you were having a debate in which you all resolved that the player that 'revolutionized' the game was the most important...

and in this thread you're shitting on the guy doing something new and tossing around the words 'nearly illegal'
  • Not shitting on the kid at all . . .