does anyone know about phils helmuths tourny in montreal next month

just wondering cus i seen a add and its called the starlight was wondering if anyone on here will be attending heres the link .

Starlight Children's Foundation Canada Presents: The UltimateBet Starlight Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament

Comments

• Seems odd .....final 10 to play in Vegas? Why would you want to play a tourney in Canada, only to make the final table in Vegas.....going from tax free, to taxed heavily.

Also, an extra $250.00 for twice the chips and attendance to a seminar?.....they should do this separately, and not include it with the tourney.
  • Don't know anything about this one personally but typically they are so heavily raked (for charity and expenses) as to make them unbeatable in the long run. Unless it is for a charity that I would really support anyways I would avoid it.
  • I thought it was top 10 get wsop me seats or something but I read it quickly. Not really my cup of tea for a 4 day tourney
  • UB/AP are involved... enough said.
  • Can't find any info for this event on either Starlight or Ultimitebet websites where did you find it?
  • Up to 1,000 suckers, I mean players, paying up to $750 each for $750,000 total and a prize pool of only $100,000, taken from all the victims cheated by Ultimate Bet. :rage: If you are a rich gambler looking to donate to a charity tournament, wait for Full Tilt Poker's similar annual event, instead of supporting Ultimate scumbags like Hellmuth, Annie Duke, Tiffany "Not cool, yo" Michelle and Joe "Sellout" Seebok. :p
    was wondering if anyone on here will be attending
  • My impression is UB is only the prize sponsor, but I agree with all other comments. It would be a $750 donation plus 4 days expenses in Montreal and a poker game. Not much EV.