Atlantic City - Good Flight deals on Westjet $49 each way

If you are looking for a good cheap trip to Atlantic City, you can book flights on Westjet for about $49 each way (just over $200 return including taxes). Dates up to January 31, 2010. Not sure what the hotel rates are like but its a lot closer than Vegas and plenty of poker action.

Comments

• I went to AC two years ago this week. As far as I am concerned the only place to play is the Borgata. I was in NYC with my wife and another couple for a weekend. At the last moment my wife granted me permission to hop on a bus and head to AC while she flew home without me. I checked into the Trump Marina for 3 nights @ $99/nt.

I played at the Taj Mahal which has the most disgusting poker chips imaginable and the majority of the players don't look much better. Caesars only had 2 tables going.

The Borgata however is poker heaven. I believe there is somewhere around 85 tables. They had Stud, Omaha, LHE & of course NL. They also had a great tournament during the day. I think we had around 120 players, buy-in was $100 + $20 or something similar.

I highly recommend the Borgata as the choice to play poker in AC.
  • I played at the Taj Mahal which has the most disgusting poker chips imaginable and the majority of the players don't look much better.

You can't go to AC and skip playing at the Taj.. it's like certs without the retsin.
  • anyone up for a short trip in December? the $49 airfare is still available and most 4-5 star hotels are around $50US per night during the week. Prices triple on the weekend.
  • Not a bad idea for anyone who might want to head down for the WSOP Circuit Event
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea for anyone who might want to head down for the WSOP Circuit Event

Here are the WSOP tournaments running from Dec 4 to Dec 20th. Lots of two day tournaments with $230 and $340US buy-ins and WSOP main event satellite tournaments. The WSOP main event satellites at $560US run twice daily at 3pm and 7pm. Blondefish might like to secure his WSOP seat early this year. I might definitely consider this now. With all these tournaments going on, it will likely be quite busy.

World Series of Poker Presented by Jack Link's Beef Jerky - Official Tournament Coverage and Results -
  • There are flights for $120~ round trip right now on Westjet. $8 base fare with $50~ for taxes.

Cheap Westjet Flight
  • Flights seem really cheap right now although maybe they weren't that much to begin with as it is pretty close to Toronto? Has anyone played in these tournaments and are they worth going to in terms of # of players, structure, rake, etc.?
  • anyone heading down to AC this winter? looks like the $39 rates are back.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    anyone heading down to AC this winter? looks like the $39 rates are back.

Bunch of us from Milton area going down mid March for our yearly trip but we're driving...