I'd Say GG, But I Wouldn't Mean It...

Just watching poker like I always do on The Score before my Saturday shift and on the top of the ticker, I got the news that made my day:

BLUE JAYS FIRE GENERAL MANAGER J.P. RICCIARDI

Thank goodness! Three years too late and millions too much spent on this absolute failed experiment of a GM. Don't let the door hit you on the way out and I'd buy a new car before you leave. Trust me, the one you have now is going to be on everyone's radar :)

Comments

• Sweeeetttt!!!!
  • I wonder how well the Jays would have done if they hadn't of lost players like Marcum, McGowan & BJ Ryan to injuries?
  • Nooner81 wrote: »
    I wonder how well the Jays would have done if they hadn't of lost players like Marcum, McGowan & BJ Ryan to injuries?

They would have finished in 3rd, not 4th.

Something needs to be done about the flippant attitude of the players. They seem to think "Well we can't beat the Yankees or the Sox, so let's just get through the season and take our millions of dollars home"

There's no "fire" in the clubhouse. They don't care if they win or lose. This is probably where the rift with Cito comes in. He's 'old school' and wants to win.
  • but after the start to the season.......we were 10 games up on everyone. If that doesn't give a professional hope that they can get it done then we should sack the whole lot of them and draft a load of unknowns from cuba and the DR.