Pokerstars Tourney Breaks

What does everyone think of the recently changed break schedule on Stars for any tourneys that are 3+ tables (might be for 2+ tables but I can't think of the last time I played one of those)? For those that haven't seen or heard, all tourneys now take their break at 5 minutes to the hour, no matter their start time. I find it weird when I'm playing in a tourney that start at :45 and, before the first level is done, I'm on break. Anyone know what their reasoning was behind this? Is it to make it so they can do updates on the server more easily?

Comments

• I think it's brilliant.
  • Full Tilt has had synchronized tournament breaks now for awhile, and at first, I was not sure I liked them at all, but after playing multiple tournaments concurrently, its great to be able to get up from all games at the same time to get a smoke break bathroom break or grab a snack without having to sit out of one game or another.
  • Agreed. This is my #1 request to PartyPoker, and they plan to have synchronized breaks like P* and FTP. I may not have to buy a pee bottle after all! ;)
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    I think it's brilliant.
  • It's been on going for awhile now..if I'm not mistaken at least a month.

It's awesome...that is all. No need to constantly change between my PC and laptop when nature calls.
  • I think you're right West, maybe even longer than that. Hadn't seen anyone talk about it though so I thought I'd throw a post up about it. Oh, and Blonde, that was one of the most brilliantly disgusting things I've ever heard.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I think you're right West, maybe even longer than that. Hadn't seen anyone talk about it though so I thought I'd throw a post up about it. Oh, and Blonde, that was one of the most brilliantly disgusting things I've ever heard.

First thought that came across my mind...but he beat me to it. Having both FTP and P* on sync breaks really made grinding tourneys alot better.
  • Sync'd breaks rock. Except you have to pay attention during rebuys as to which breaks mark the end of the rebuys and which do not. Missing the addon suxors.
  • Yeah I love em!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Anyone know what their reasoning was behind this? Is it to make it so they can do updates on the server more easily?

The reason is so that is someone needs to take a piss, he can do it without sitting out at all the other tables..

since they all break at the same time, the player can go pee without folding!
  • moose wrote: »
    Sync'd breaks rock. Except you have to pay attention during rebuys as to which breaks mark the end of the rebuys and which do not. Missing the addon suxors.

+1....wtf can't they put an auto-add on option, same as they have the auto rebuy.

Stars puts it up, but only when everyone is playing the last hand before the add-on break.