Chip Tricks

One night after watching WPT, I decided to try my hand at some of the chip tricks that the pros do at the table, you know, the ones where they combine two stacks into one. It seemed extremely difficult, and I wondered if the chips were too thick. I have the 11.5 g dice chips, and I wondered if anyone was succesfull combining two stacks into one?

Just curious,

Irah

Comments

• A couple of my buddies can do it. I can't do it for the life of me.

Dutch Boyd thinks that the more tricks you can do, the more intimidating you are to your opponents. Does anyone feel this way?
  • I think that's true. I think the important part about doing chip tricks for intimidation value is looking natural and subconscious when you're doing them. If it looks really staged, you're not going to get value for your trick.

I can "shuffle" chips. I found that the easiest stack size to start with was four in each stack, and I've since been able to work my way up to 7 each stack.

I wonder if there's an online resource specifically for chip tricks?
  • My best chip trick is to make my chips dissapear. It usually involves just simply playing for an hour or two. I don't find people very intimidated by it.

stp
  • I wonder if there's an online resource specifically for chip tricks?

There are a number of websites. Simply do a Google search for "chip tricks"

The first one that it lists I found to have most of the more popular ones, including slowmotion videos and pictures and instructions on how to do them.

hork.
  • stpboy wrote:
    My best chip trick is to make my chips dissapear. It usually involves just simply playing for an hour or two. I don't find people very intimidated by it.

That's hilarious! You're going to have to teach me how to do that...;)
  • I have same chips, and able to shuffle (2) 5 chip stacks. Start with 2 stacks of 2 chip, different colours. This will help you noticed a pattern. When you can shuffle the 2 chip stacks, add 1 chip per stack, etc, etc. Check out www.21ace.com/poker chip tricks shuffle.html
  • and don't forget to check out the magician side of things
    i'm not saying to start doing in-depth coin trick routines with chips, but coin magicians usually do some pretty cool flourish moves that could easily be applied to chips.
  • I can only do the chip shuffling trick, I'm up to combining stacks of 7. I don't think that they're that intimidating, just something to do while you're watching a hand you're not in.
  • I got some chips off of my friend, search "Chip Trick" onlin eand found a site which taugh me to do it, so I put on a movie and spend 2 hours at my desk learning how to do it.

Now I can do it, but it looks different from others as I position my figures differently
  • i know how to do a couple tricks like front to back.. the shuffle.. and almost mastering the twirl.. i am not sure about this forum's policy on website links .. but if it is allowed i will post the website link to where i learned my tricks from.. once u master some of it .. its kinda fun :D
  • The toughest one I see is letting the middle one out and then putting it on the end. I can take one from one end and send it to the other but I cannot get the middle one to come out.