Home game with the boys

I was invited to a friendly home game last night that turned out pretty interesting. lol It was a mix of games due to the dealers choice format. High Chicago, low Chicago, 5 card stud, 7 card stud, holdem, and something I'd never played before. Blind Baseball. lol I'll explain this last one in case you want to try it. Very interesting game. 7 cards each, BUT all face down. You don't look at them. Standard poker hands are what you are after though. 1st person next to the dealer turns over any card from his pile he chooses. If its low he probably would check. If its an Ace he would usually raise. Next player to him must beat that Ace. If the next player were to flip an Ace, any other card he turns over would beat the first Ace, because Ax beats a single bare Ace. Next player might flip over 2 dueces, which would beat Ax, Get it. (You always try to beat the guy next to you, and it progresses around the table that way) You keep turning over your cards 1 by 1 until you beat the hand next to you, then you stop. Next person to you then takes his turn. But there is a catch. There are 2 kinds of cards in the deck to help you or hurt you. 4's and 7's. 4's are good, they get you 1 more free card from the deck you can use anytime. 7's are bad, flip one over and you are out of the hand. Sometimes a pot can be huge by the time it gets around the table to be your turn. lol I ended the night up about 50 bucks. lol

Comments

• Yeah, I've played it before. Never heard about the 4's and 7's though??? There is a non blind varitation as well. Similar game, 7 card. You can look at your hand and you choose which order you lay the cards down with. Quite a bit of strategy with betting and showing strength and weakness.
  • Played this last Friday.
    You are each dealt seven face down. Look and pass two to the left and one to the right. Take those that are passed to you.
    You then make your best 5 card hand high or low, place it in the order you would like to flip them over face down in front of you.
    Betting round.
    Flip top one everyone.
    Bets
    Flip one
    Bets
    Flip
    Bets
    Flip fourth card.
    Bets
    Now everyone has four up and one down. You have to declare high or low with one or two chips. This is fun because you may have only four to a real strong hand, be bluffing and go low.
    Also if a couple cards in it looks like you are the only high or low you are jamming that pot.
    So, a wierd game for sure but takes in bluffing and strategy and you have to remember who you passed what and who passed it to you.
    You get some big pots and split most of them too, so it is fun for the less serious times.

It is hard in some crowds to get Hold-Em going.