Moneybookers Question

Hey guys.

Got a question for people who use moneybookers. I have an amount of money on a smaller poker site (a site I got free $10 for signing up and now it is about $200). Since the site is pretty small, I want to move the money to a larger site for use.

Is it possible to open up a moneybookers account without providing personal banking information? Basically I just want to use moneybookers (or something similar) to just move money around from poker site to poker site as required. The amounts are not big enough to consider a withdrawal at this point.

Comments

• You should be able to open an account without any banking information. You may have a problem with the poker site when you try and withdraw to a site that you have never deposited from (it's to protect you)
  • You do not have to provide any banking info to open a moneybookers account. They have none of mine as I have never needed to move money onto Moneybookers from any bank account. Similar to what Hobbes said, I know of no online pokersite that will allow a withdrawal from their site to MB without first doing a deposit from MB to poker site.
  • Thanks for the responses.

I got my moneybookers account created and, you're right, didn't need to provide banking information as a part of the process.

I had a look at the poker site's terms and conditions....not seeing anything as of yet that indicates a deposit is required prior to withdrawing....but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the case *sigh*.
  • What some of us have done is have a friend temporarily transfer some money to our new MB account from theirs, then use that money as "seed" money to do a transfer to the poker site. Then voila, after an appropriate wait time, you can withdraw back to MB from the poker site. Then transfer the money back to friend... Now that you have money on MB you can use that with other poker sites to establish that link with them.
  • Cool...now I just got to find a friend who uses MB (lol). Thanks.
  • Cool! Decided to try a minimum withdrawal from the site to MB. Had a 24 hour hold period (as per site policy.....in case you wish to reverse the withdrawal)....money was in MB this morning.

Now to decide where to put it.....
  • KK moneybookers is great for moving money around to sites, but 1 word of advice and this comes from hearing Grahams and another friends horror stories, don't leave your money sitting in moneybookers. Find a site and make the transfer in. Leaving money sitting there can turn into an adventure.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    KK moneybookers is great for moving money around to sites, but 1 word of advice and this comes from hearing Grahams and another friends horror stories, don't leave your money sitting in moneybookers. Find a site and make the transfer in. Leaving money sitting there can turn into an adventure.

Oh no worries. That money is being moved this evening. Probably to my account on Pokerstars I guess.