Fallsview Floor Ruling

10/20 at Fallsview this Saturday. Peter S. goes all in preflop. The remaining two players are the only competent middle eastern high stakes player (guy is a bit of a douchebag) and some random chinese gambler. Anyway, on the flop middle eastern guy bets like $1000 or something. He has QQ, incidentally, asian dude has KK and cold called the $605 pre or w/e. On the turn he check folds to like $1500 or something like that. Asian dude wins the substantial side pot and throws his cards face down forward a bit because he forgot about the main pot. His cards moved max 3 inches, but he did clearly mean to fold, because he forgot about the main pot.

Dealer says his hand should be mucked. At this point we start to argue and the floor is called.

What is your ruling?

Comments

• My ruling is that your post has a mild zenophobic undercurrent. Otherwise I wasn't paying attention.
  • Have the cards hit the muck? I guess that is the bigger question. Sometimes people will toss their cards and they will flip but providing it actually hasn't hit the muck they aren't dead and the dealer should flip them over.
  • Card's didn't hit the muck, not that it should matter. The muck has no magical properties to kill hands, contrary to popular belief.
  • All action is performed. The hand is not over. His cards live imo
  • Oh Christ..

13cards is back? Lemme guess "you're mucked"

Mark
  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests) 88Fingers, 13CARDS

his spirit is with us now.
    In honour of this I will keep my smartass reply to the question to myself :)
  • Meistro wrote: »
    Card's didn't hit the muck, not that it should matter. The muck has no magical properties to kill hands, contrary to popular belief.

I was under the impression that someone can't go pick their cards out of the muck because essentially they could claim any two cards and there would be no way to verify it??
  • I was under the impression that someone can't go pick their cards out of the muck because essentially they could claim any two cards and there would be no way to verify it??

Same here.....in Alberta this would be ruled as a live hand as long as it hasn't hit the muck.....once it hits the muck, it's dead.

I've seen this happen a few times, but not usually for as big a stake......but the amount in the pot should not affect the ruling.
  • You are right - if the cards are buried in the muck it's over. That is because the hand is irretrevable, but if the cards just glance the muck, or tap it, and it is obvious which cards are the cards in question just touching the muck shouldn't kill them. Obv. it is the players responsibility to protect his hand, and your cards should never be anywhere near the muck until you give up. My point was simply that cards touching the muck do not die simply because of that fact.
  • RED HOTS!! GET YOUR RED HOTS HERE !!!

Hey Philli, how many dogs you want? I got the the Mole bringing the cold beers. Pull up a chair, the fun is about to start.

pleasepleasepleaseplease let 13Cards respond in this thread. I will go to church, I will repent my sinning ways, I will even forgo "happy-time" for a month, just let him post in this thread . . .
  • Meistro wrote: »
    You are right - if the cards are buried in the muck it's over. That is because the hand is irretrevable, but if the cards just glance the muck, or tap it, and it is obvious which cards are the cards in question just touching the muck shouldn't kill them. Obv. it is the players responsibility to protect his hand, and your cards should never be anywhere near the muck until you give up. My point was simply that cards touching the muck do not die simply because of that fact.

I agree...I define mucked as unretrievable. As in a reasonable person should be able to identify the two cards face down as the player's hand. Basically they have not joined the pile of cards maybe lying near the chip pile or passed the line but can be easily turned up. Now if they are on the top of the pile of cards I consider that mucked no matter if they were just sent there and a grandmother could pull the correct 2 cards.

There have been many instances at FV where people have gone to pitch their cards or flip them and did it sloppy and they have flipped over gone sideways into a person's stack or almost left the table altogether. Everytime there the hand was still live.

This situation is similar. Basically negligence on the part of the player to pay attention and open their cards properly but it's not enough to rule the hand dead.
  • Just to get this straight, dealer said side-pot goes to asian guy and main pot goes to Peter S?
  • Milo wrote: »
    RED HOTS!! GET YOUR RED HOTS HERE !!!

Hey Philli, how many dogs you want? I got the the Mole bringing the cold beers. Pull up a chair, the fun is about to start.

pleasepleasepleaseplease let 13Cards respond in this thread. I will go to church, I will repent my sinning ways, I will even forgo "happy-time" for a month, just let him post in this thread . . .

And if Kristy would come and show us her tits it would be soooo last February........and yet it would bring a tear to my eye.

Milo, I don't even want to know what "happy time" consists of for you.......as for me there's no way I could go a month.
  • When did the act of turning over 2 cards become so difficult? It amazes me how this topic comes up time and time again.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    When did the act of turning over 2 cards become so difficult? It amazes me how this topic comes up time and time again.

+1

I think there would be a direct corelation to said difficulty and levels of testosterone.
  • +1

I think there would be a direct corelation to said difficulty and levels of testosterone.

Too little or too much?
  • +1 for all of the above.....
  • Sometimes I think we post to these threads because there is nothing else worth posting to and we have to justify coming to the forum.

Not me of course.
  • "Just to get this straight, dealer said side-pot goes to asian guy and main pot goes to Peter S?"

Yes. There was no river card. Dealer and floor and Peter S. were all in agreement here.
  • Well obviously that rule was invented to punish boisterous, sloppy or forgetful players. It clearly was never intended to prevent cheating by mixing up cards when retrieving them from the muck to show a hand.

Glad to see they understand the spirit of the rules at Fallsview. All their poker penises grew two inches that night when they took away his hand.