Quick Vegas Report

I have been in Vegas since last Wednesday. Leaving at 3:30 (PDT) tomorrow. HOtels: 4 nights at the Nugget 1 night at Binions rest of the trip at the monte Carlo.

If you want to stay at Binions and play poker you can get your room comp'd. I did. I had most of my nights at the Nugget Comp'd. Payed for the rooms at the Monte Carlo $50 us a night.

poker: I love playing at binions. The 1/2 game has no max buy in however most players buy in for 2 to 3 hundred. They weren't spreading anything biggers so I strickly played that.

Hand of the week. Older, aggressive man tends to buy in for 7 to 8 hundred so he can push around the table. standard raise for him is 20 to 25 and he raises a lot. I open raise his blind from UTG with 8 9 of clubs. He calls the 20 and him and I see the flop. Flop was 6 8 10 rainbow. He check I bet out 40 and he calls. Turn is Q of clubs. He checks I bet out 40 he min raises me, I push another 210 in the middle. He insta calls. We weren't required to flip our cards so I got no clue what he held. I yell at Glenn the dealer be nice and he turns the 7 of hearts over giving me the straight which I tabled.... Old man grumbles about what a horrible player I am. Rake in the pot.

Next day, playing with the same gentleman. buy in for 150 because I'm waiting for friends. He opens for 25 UTG. I have 5 6 diamonds. I push 130 which I had in front of me (I had played several orbits with missing the flop). He calls. Flop the flush draw and a gutshot straight draw don't get there. He flips over 7 3 of hearts to take the pot with 7 high which played. Board was 2d 4c kd Qs 10h. I look at him and say nice call.

Over all Poker has been a success, craps has been a success, black jack not so much. One more day before I leave. I'll post more when I'm back home.

Comments

• OK I"m home. 8 days in vegas and it cost me about $400.00. If I move to vegas i'll just stay at binions because they'll probably comp me my room and all my food. Besides after 8 days there I think they thought I was a local.
  • Do you just sign in under their posted rate, then ask the poker room to comp the room and give you free food?
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    i'll just stay at binions because they'll probably comp me my room and all my food.
  • They comp 2 to 3 dollars an hour and my play was enough to cover stuff at binions. I can't remember what the comp is but it is somewhere there. I don't like the nugget poker room that much and would rather play across the road. I only spent 1 night at binions and 5 days playing poker and couldn't spend my comps quick enough.