The Waterloo Poker Cave Invites you....

The Waterloo Poker Cave is Proud to Present...

My Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes Poker Tournament!

Saturday December 4th, 2PM at the Waterloo Poker Cave

This will be a Texas Hold'em Tourney, up to 5 re buys in the first 90
minutes with an add on. The Buy in is $10, with add on and re buys at
$10. The top 5 spots will be paid.

Enrollment is limited to the first 40 entrants. Please RSVP as soon
as possible to avoid dissapointment.

We will play until one player has the chips.

Please RSVP to pokercave@gmail.com

Confirmation, set up and directions will be sent when you Register.

Please feel free to forward this on to others who would like to play.

Only 20 places left for this tourney!!!! Dont delay, sign up today!

Comments

• Only 20 places left, don't delay sign up today!
  • I'm in. Who else is coming? I've heard some things about random prizes being presented to the person that finishes on the bubble and other random participants. Like more info, I do.

stp
  • I'll be showing up! (Finally!! A tournament that I'm not organizing!!) This should be a really fun tourney!

Another question I has was one the blind schedule. do you have it nailed down and if so, can you post it?
  • Well looks like we might be getting hosed on the prizes, the sponser who promised me schwag, aint produced yet. So that may be a game day decision.

As for the Tourney, heres the blinds;
    30 Minute Increments; Break after 90 minutes

10/20, 15/30, 25/50 End Rebuy and Add on Period, Break

50/100, 100/200, 200/300 Break

300/600, 400/800, 500/1000 Break (Dinner if players agree)

1000/2000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000 - $100 ante, Break

5000/10000, 10000/20000, 20000/40000 - $500 ante, Break

So we are looking at about 8 hours, if we go to the end of the blinds.
    Side Games are allowed as soon as we break down one table.

There will be no smoking in the Cave.

We will be using Robert's Tournament Rules (homepokertourney) -

anything else? lets see...oh yah anyone who knocks out STP Boy in the early rounds gets a free beer!!!
  • ohhhh beer bounty eh....intriguing.

stp
  • As long as the roads have less than 14" of snow...

Question: How many chips to start? Re-buys are the same number? Add-on is the same number?

Just doing a bit of math, assuming 1000 chips for all those, there's a gawdawful number of re-buys etc to allow us to get to a BB of 40000, given at most 40 people starting...

Ok. Put me down for 3-rebuys and an add-on :banghead:
  • Love to have you ...but..did you sign up? Email me and I will see what I can do. pokercave@gmail.com
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    As long as the roads have less than 14" of snow...

Question: How many chips to start? Re-buys are the same number? Add-on is the same number?

Just doing a bit of math, assuming 1000 chips for all those, there's a gawdawful number of re-buys etc to allow us to get to a BB of 40000, given at most 40 people starting...

Ok. Put me down for 3-rebuys and an add-on :banghead:

Everyone gets $1000, and assuming one rebuy $1000, and one addon $1500, then the average person will have $3500 in chips out into the tables and with 40 entrants that means $140K in chips so the blinds will be excessive.

That will also be 9-10 hours in and I want these people out of the place before Tuesday! :tongue:

Also, there are 5 maximum rebuys so the chips could be $300,000 and if you have every played with guys from here... well you know why I had to limit the rebuys at 5! :D:D:D:D:D
  • For sure I signed up. I have the receipt in my pocket. No, wait. It's in my other pocket. I left it in my other pants. I don't need a ticket. Whaddaya mean I need a ticket? Do you have any idea who I am? DO YOU?

I signed up early. I got the discount. I'm the guy that offered to bring chips. Maybe I'll keep them for myself in case I need them later in the tourney...

Looking forward to the big dance on Saturday!!!!!!!
  • No problem, Im pretty sure I know who you are now.

I find it hard remembering my middle name then alone everyones alais.

Name Tags would probably be a good idea! Or the guys from the forum should step up, I know there are at least three others from here coming.

Roll the opening credits of CSI.....

Who are youuuuuu....
  • Im new to the forum, just signed up actually.

Im comming to this tourney on saturday with a couple friends, I signed up nice and early, been browsing the forum for a while (Ian H.)

I think I met a few of the people on here at the other tourney about a month ago in waterloo, but not sure who went to that.
  • Also a score sheet so we can tell who knows each other and which girls are going out with which guys so I don't 'accidentally' hit on any women with their boyfriends at the table... :banghead:

Yes, I was at Graham's tourney :D

Maybe I should just wear my 'Mr. Incredible' logo. I cut that out of a tag from my son's pyjamas. Too cool!
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Also a score sheet so we can tell who knows each other and which girls are going out with which guys so I don't 'accidentally' hit on any women with their boyfriends at the table... :banghead:
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll wear a bra with a couple grapefruits in it
    just to distract you. Just ignore the beard. :tongue:
  • professor wrote:
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll wear a bra with a couple grapefruits in it
    just to distract you. Just ignore the beard. :tongue:

Wow, sounds like every girl I've met from the Internet.

Ode to starting a flame war.....