• That's incredible...

Don't see that very much at all!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    That's incredible...

Don't see that very much at all!

Mark

Only 15 ever.
  • Pretty disgusting that he did it by himself....runners shoulda froze on the line drive....
  • schabs wrote: »
    Pretty disgusting that he did it by himself....runners shoulda froze on the line drive....

Are you joking?
  • Are you joking?

None out, runners on first and second....runners should've waited til ball got thru the infield.

Only time they should be running on contact is with 2 out.
  • I retract my statement I did not see them double stealing lol....then its a different story.
  • That's why the Mets are the Mets.

Down 2 in the bottom of the ninth....get two runners on and put on the run and hit?? Absolute stupidity.
  • Hit and run's a fine play there

A: avoid the double play (yea yea, but not the triple)

B: Put two men in scoring position when down by two.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hit and run's a fine play there

A: avoid the double play (yea yea, but not the triple)

B: Put two men in scoring position when down by two.

Mark

Wrong.

First it wasn't a hit and run. Twas a run and hit....subtle difference but different nonetheless.

With 2 runners on it is a recipe for disaster. Any ball not hit on the ground and it's almost an automatic DP. Add the fact that Francoeur is their leading RBI guy and best hitter, and by starting the runners you make him into a totally defensive hitter.

Worst case scenario if the runners aren't moving is a ground ball DP which brings the tying run to the plate with the next batter in the middle up the line-up. Worst case with the runners going....well you've seen it.