Options

I felt really lost here for the first time in a while

***** Hand History for Game 8347876273 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $22 USD Buy-in Trny: 47099334 Level: 4 Blinds(100/200) - Thursday, August 20, 12:06:57 EDT 2009
Table $5K Gtd (1735499) Table #4 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 10: Darwin1966 ( 3,560 )
Seat 1: Domsen11 ( 4,465 )
Seat 9: Roughyead ( 9,290 )
Seat 3: Tomic1412 ( 6,008 )
Seat 4: UBstFld2Me ( 7,220 )
Seat 5: Hero ( 8,939 )
Seat 7: fourdddd ( 1,370 )
Seat 8: ketzer68 ( 3,950 )
Seat 6: lordRonJ ( 8,315 )
Seat 2: stichmata ( 15,276 )
Trny: 47099334 Level: 4
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Js Kh ]
fourdddd folds
ketzer68 folds
Roughyead folds
Darwin1966 folds
Domsen11 folds
stichmata folds
Tomic1412 folds
UBstFld2Me folds
Hero raises [350]
lordRonJ calls [250]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jd, As, Ks ]
Hero bets [450]
lordRonJ raises [1,100]
Hero calls [650]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
Hero checks
lordRonJ bets [800]
Hero calls [800]
** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
Hero checks
lordRonJ checks

Hero shows [ Js, Kh ]two pairs, Kings and Jacks.
lordRonJ shows.......

did i misplay?
lordRonJ show.......

edit...i forgot to take out the results so i just did.

Comments

• Reraise flop
    Raise turn
  • I think you're line is ok. You're not beating much of his range anyway so don't bother reraising flop. I'm trying to tell myself that I would fold flop but I'm not sure I could. The spade on the turn isn't that bad a card since villain probably isn't drawing with all those blockers out there, you might want to try coming over the top when the spade hits. Apart from that, there's not really much else to do, your bottom two pair is reduced to a bluff catcher as I see it.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think you're line is ok. You're not beating much of his range anyway so don't bother reraising flop. I'm trying to tell myself that I would fold flop but I'm not sure I could. The spade on the turn isn't that bad a card since villain probably isn't drawing with all those blockers out there, you might want to try coming over the top when the spade hits. Apart from that, there's not really much else to do, your bottom two pair is reduced to a bluff catcher as I see it.

i have the same thoughts as you, although re raising the turn, im positive will induce an all in....and i can't think of what he would re raise the flop with that i can beat or wanna play against. A guy who re raises that flop will likely go all in on the turn here. I check the turn and he puts a bet out so small i feel i can make the call even if its just to draw to the full house?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think you're line is ok. You're not beating much of his range anyway so don't bother reraising flop. I'm trying to tell myself that I would fold flop but I'm not sure I could. The spade on the turn isn't that bad a card since villain probably isn't drawing with all those blockers out there, you might want to try coming over the top when the spade hits. Apart from that, there's not really much else to do, your bottom two pair is reduced to a bluff catcher as I see it.

Really?! You really expect someone not re-raise JJ/AA/KK/AJ/AK bvb? The only hand that villain could have there that have you beat is Q10. I mean, yeah, some players might not raise, but you're good here 90%+ of the time. You are being raised on the flop by any A...alot of players are going broke bvb with top pair, heck even middle pair some times. Re-raise flop, and either call a 4 bet shove, or if he flats your 3-bet, shove most turns.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Really?! You really expect someone not re-raise JJ/AA/KK/AJ/AK bvb?

yeah, but is he really gonna raise ace rag on the flop against a preflop BVB open? =/

Then again, if I was villain I'm not 3betting AJ since it's not strong enough and I have position, not 3betting AA or KK to trap and only raising AK and JJ here.

There's really not that much BvB stealing going on so if he's any good he should know he's in trouble with Ax. either way if he is raising light he has to know he's not beating much when the spade hits so why double barrel the turn ? the only reason I can think of to shove over or 4 bet flop is that villain is a big stack this early on so he might be really used to winning every time he makes a call even though he doesn't have it.
  • the results was:

** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
    forboon checks
    lordRonJ checks
    forboon shows [ Js, Kh ]two pairs, Kings and Jacks.
    lordRonJ shows [ Td, Ac ]two pairs, Aces and Tens.
    lordRonJ wins 4,700 chips from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Tens.