Poker Raids in Ontario

Ive recently been reading about these police raids that seem to have be happening quite frequently in southern ontario over the past few years.

It would be interesting to know what ended up happening to some of these people, does anyone know if there was actually jailtime in any of the cases? that would be a shame, I enjoy playing in some these underground rooms..

Comments

• never heard of jail time, even for the club owners. Players usually have to make a donation to a charity (no criminal record or charges) of around $200 and the club owner typically has to make a bigger donation (heard around $10k). Not sure about the criminal record for the club owner.

I think the authorities have basically given up based on the number of clubs currently operating in the GTA and considering there haven't been any recent busts in the last six months.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

I think the authorities have basically given up based on the number of clubs currently operating in the GTA and considering there haven't been any recent busts in the last six months.

And no WPT event
  • in order to get raided ive heard that a undercover cop needs to be in the game/ witness illegal activity of any kind.. rake, drug trafficing, stuff like that../ then youll be issued a warning by authorities saying you have so many days to cease or face punishment/consequences of the law..

Anyone know more about this? this is the feedback ive had from club owners who had legal consultation
  • in order to get raided ive heard that a undercover cop needs to be in the game/ witness illegal activity of any kind.. rake, drug trafficing, stuff like that../ then youll be issued a warning by authorities saying you have so many days to cease or face punishment/consequences of the law..

Anyone know more about this? this is the feedback ive had from club owners who had legal consultation

really doubt they will give you a warning; I know a few clubs that were busted and the owners were totally unaware that the club could potentially be raided.