Orangeville Poker League

an e-mail has been sent out providing some information on the upcoming league. One part says "The actions of some of the players that attended our league’s events last year caused the Orangeville Senior Centre to re-negotiate their contract with our league, and would only renew it if we paid double the rate."

I'm curious as to what could have been done as it was an alcohol free event and you'd think the less alcohol consumed, the less chances of people being idiots. That's too bad as I am sure many liked the place.

Belwood is closer for me but the new $100-$115 buy-in will probably keep me from playing as frequently as I'd like. I'll have to look into the OPT :-)

Comments

• Muddguts wrote: »
    an e-mail has been sent out providing some information on the upcoming league. One part says "The actions of some of the players that attended our league’s events last year caused the Orangeville Senior Centre to re-negotiate their contract with our league, and would only renew it if we paid double the rate."

I'm curious as to what could have been done as it was an alcohol free event and you'd think the less alcohol consumed, the less chances of people being idiots. That's too bad as I am sure many liked the place.

Belwood is closer for me but the new $100-$115 buy-in will probably keep me from playing as frequently as I'd like. I'll have to look into the OPT :-)
    There's always a few that ruin it for the majority... I know there were several that drank out of the back of their cars and threw some beer cans/bottles around the lot more than once. Also I believe there were a lot of smoke butts to be cleaned up. Curtis tried to warn us but I guess it didn't stop..
    As for the increased buyin I know there was a poll earlier on whether or not to increase it. I guess that won. Makes no real difference to me as I would play either way. Remember the plan is to win more than we lose... And despite the improved play the last season or two, there's still a lot of "dead" money there... (Not looking in the mirror here..) Much.
  • Sunday is the worst day for me because of all the online tournaments and the location for the first two tournaments is almost a three-hour round trip drive for me, but I will try to make it out to this league because it is the best live training if you want to make money at the higher buy-in Skill Level 6 tournaments like the WSOP and CPT. Almost all other poker clubs are clueless about things such as Patience Factor, Skill Level, and how to run a tournament properly using the latest TDA rules.
    compuease wrote: »
    Makes no real difference to me as I would play either way. Remember the plan is to win more than we lose...
  • Can someone "in the know" forward me said e-mail about the upcoming league?
  • Can someone "in the know" forward me said e-mail about the upcoming league?

You can check their site below for everything about the league. You will have to sign up for meetup.com if you do not have an account already and add yourself to the group.

Ontario Poker League - Orangeville (Belwood, ON) - Meetup.com