LOTTO MAX to Replace SUPER7

I don't know if this is some plan to make more on the stupid tax or what, but they are rebranding Super 7 into LOTTO MAX and promising bigger jackpots (though from what I can tell the ticket price is going up too).

Game details:
  • Draws will be held on Friday nights, starting with the first draw on September 25
  • Players will receive three chances to win (seven numbers each) per $5 play
  • In order to win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers (from one to 49)
  • Odds of winning a jackpot are one in 28.6 million per play
  • Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play
  • If a jackpot is not won it will "roll" to the next draw date, with MAXMILLIONS jackpots created after the $50 million mark is reached
  • The base jackpot is $10 million and will grow until won or until reaching $50 million

OLG - CANADA, MEET LOTTO MAX! BIG JACKPOTS AND MORE MILLION-DOLLAR PRIZES

Comments

• $50 mil one time!!!!
  • So what happens to the rolled over $$$ that exceeds the $50,000,000.00? Do they run the overage into the next jackpot, or just take it for the governments wallet?

And I think your odds are a bit off. I think it should be 1 in 14 mil to hit it big, no? Or am I confusing 6/6 with 7/7 again? w/e
  • when the jackpot exceeds $50M then additional $1M prizes will be created.
    Additional numbers drawn. Must get 7 out of 7 to win the $1M. No supplementry prizes.

I rather have the PowerBall. :) or MegaMillons
  • Super 7 - 7/7, 47 numbers odds are one in 21 million so 7/7 out of 49 will be higher.

Man I will miss the Super 7.

• 2 Weeks Notice Man
    • Relaxo
    • The Splurger
    • Cosmetica
    • Jesse Streets
    • Professor Posh
    • The Destinator
    Relaxo was the best.
  • I calculated that the odds of hitting all 7 numbers is 1 in 85,900,584. In other words, there is 1 in 86 million chance that I will ever pay this idiot tax. :rolleyes:
    Milo wrote: »
    And I think your odds are a bit off. I think it should be 1 in 14 mil to hit it big, no?
  • 28.6 million because you get 3 picks. Does that make you feel more lucky?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I calculated that the odds of hitting all 7 numbers is 1 in 85,900,584. In other words, there is 1 in 86 million chance that I will ever pay this idiot tax. :rolleyes:

Is that right? I got 68,418,504 to 1 per line.
    3 lines per $5 ticket = 22,806,168 to 1 ... (= Still in full agreement. Leave that fin in your wallet.)
  • Nope. Blondefish and I have it right. 86 m:1 per line is 28.6m:1 per ticket.
  • You're right. I suck. Not sure where I mucked it up the first time.
  • moose wrote: »
    Nope. Blondefish and I have it right. 86 m:1 per line is 28.6m:1 per ticket.

I had that in the original post, FYI ;)
  • I'll still take a flyer now and again. Hell . . . if I win I could rent the boobs in moose's avatar for a weekend.