why does the hand with the Queen of Spades win?

Why does the hand with the Queen of Spades win?

player 1: 10:d: 10:s:.
player 2: J:h: Q:s:.

Flop: King, 7, 6, 5; all Spades.

The River can be anything but the Ace of Spades. The best five cards between the two players is a King high Spade flush. Correct? So, why does the hand with the Queen win?

also: If the River was the Ace of Spades, who wins and why?

kw1579.

Comments

• They both have flushes so to determine who has the better flush (in this case, the better flush out of the spades) you rank the spades:
    Player 1's flush is Ks 10s 7s 6s 5s
    Player 2's flush is Ks Qs 7s 6s 5s

If the river is the Ace of Spades, player 2 still wins because:
    Player 2's flush is As Ks Qs 7s 6s
    Player 1's flush is As Ks 10s 7s 6s
    (i.e. the 5s is eliminated from their hand i.e. best 5 card hand)
  • Spade flush with Jack of hearts kicker ;)

j/k
  • Finally, a poker-related thread!
  • kw1579 wrote: »
    Why does the hand with the Queen of Spades win?

player 1: 10:d: 10:s:.
    player 2: J:h: Q:s:.

Flop: King, 7, 6, 5; all Spades.

The River can be anything but the Ace of Spades. The best five cards between the two players is a King high Spade flush. Correct? So, why does the hand with the Queen win?

also: If the River was the Ace of Spades, who wins and why?

kw1579.

Are you serious? Qs or 10s? Which one is higher the Q or the 10? You have answered your own question.
  • He posted this exact same post on the Bluff Forum, it was answered there also....
  • Where exactly do you play!?
  • I play on PokerStars and Full Tilt as kw1579.
  • Yes, I was serious. I thought that the hand was played by the board, if that makes sense. I thought that both hands would equal a King high flush, which would be a split pot, but I was incorrect. Previous posts imformed me of the Ranking of the hands, where the hand with the Queen would be higher than the hand with the Ten. Thanks for your reply. kw1579.
  • jdAA88, thank you for your insight. Once I read your post, it became obvious to me how it's done, but the obvious eludes everyone. Thanks again, and I hope to see you on the tables. kw1579.