Random 4-bet Shove Range

Getting close to the money in the 22R 6-max

Villain is playing 27/22 so pretty active in general, but reg. for 6 max deep.

I think our hand warrants the 3-bet, but what range do we have villain on that 4 bet shoves?

Full Tilt Poker Game #13661484489: $12,500 Guarantee (Rebuy) (100735762), Table 4 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:19:05 ET - 2009/07/27
Seat 1: xAlyssa (34,124)
Seat 2: Wetts1012 (100,854)
Seat 3: LEPLAISIR (18,484)
Seat 5: StepOnU (55,638)
xAlyssa antes 125
Wetts1012 antes 125
LEPLAISIR antes 125
StepOnU antes 125
xAlyssa posts the small blind of 500
Wetts1012 posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Wetts1012 [As 8s]
FTOPSaments (Observer): poker are so sik
thedylan sits down
thedylan adds 22,481
FTOPSaments (Observer): nh
LEPLAISIR has 15 seconds left to act
LEPLAISIR folds
StepOnU folds
xAlyssa raises to 2,799
Wetts1012 has 15 seconds left to act
Wetts1012 raises to 6,450
xAlyssa raises to 33,999, and is all in
Wetts1012 ?????

Comments

• I think it is an easy fold. SB makes the raise look like a steal to get some action, receives it and gets it all in. About a 2-1 dog against top 5%? 50% against 27% range..
  • About a 2-1 dog against top 5%? 50% against 27% range..

If we're talking about top 27% from a +cEV perspective, this is a call, no? Considering there is already 15K in the middle, we are calling 27 to win 45?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    If we're talking about top 27% from a +cEV perspective, this is a call, no? Considering there is already 15K in the middle, we are calling 27 to win 45?

Ev wise (which I am really not good at yet..lol..) I would think yes, but 30k chips out of my stack for the long haul...I say no. Personally, I am thinking we are likely behind here waaay more than ahead, even considering numbers (27%)...to reshove against the big stack near the bubble...they very likely have a hand. There are better spots in my mind..
  • i go with ihaveyourname, you are sitting pretty and with your poker knowledge you can prob find a better spot to pick him off:)

i may be missing something here cause i tired from numbers, but aren't you saying that if he re raises you x number of times it gets more and more correct to call?

And don't we have the villian on a pocket pair or better ace? and the pocket pair is likely better?
  • darbday wrote: »

And don't we have the villian on a pocket pair or better ace? and the pocket pair is likely better?

personally, yeah, I have the villian on a top 5% hand. Regardless even if it is top 27% as their range suggests..a coin flip isn't what we want at this point.
  • darbday wrote: »
    i may be missing something here cause i tired from numbers, but aren't you saying that if he re raises you x number of times it gets more and more correct to call?

No. But the range of hands villain is on defines whether or not it is correct to call here.
    darbday wrote: »

Not necessarily. We are 4 handed, and villain is relatively aggressive (27/22). Im not sure, but I have villain on a wider range than 22+ A9+.
    Depending how wide we go, it may be a proper call getting 1.7/1.

Or it may be terrible spew........
  • BTW I folded and hated myself for it after - which is the reason I posted the thread.

/life.
  • about the first quote, thats my point the more he re raise the better the hand he has. 27/22 is a first bet preflop number isn't it. or is a re raise stat too? because a re re raise is a way differen't play, it has nothing to do with aggression and unless youve seen him do it more than once before, i'd guess he has better cards. I see the four handed point, that is the info i missed, lol, but you coulda defined your hand better with a bigger bet, if he came over top your likely a coin flip. a re re raise represents a monster and ive never seen a donk with balls. I think you are betting on the fact that he is overvaluing his hand or bluffing and i don't think its a strong enough shot........wait a minute i missed the chips stacks too, snap call.....sorry lol.

But i still think you could have made a 10k initial raise and then found out who wants to go all in...no?
  • You're new, So Ill go easy.

1) I have no idea what your trying to say in the first 1/2 of your post. But to make it easy, Villain is opening 1 out of every 4 hands.

2) This is a midstakes MTT (20R) so the concept of 3bets and Light 4bets is not foreign. A 4bet, especially bvb, does not necessarily represent a "monster"

3) 3bets, similar to open raises are specific to stack sizes. If I 3bet to 10K I am committed to calling here. This is bad. DUCY? If villain is shipping 7K here, they are shipping 10K. Similarly, if villain is folding 10K, they are folding 7K. My hand is basically a bluff. If I get picked off, I want to get away as cheap as possible.
    You're new, So Ill go easy.

1) I have no idea what your trying to say in the first 1/2 of your post. But to make it easy, Villain is opening 1 out of every 4 hands.

2) This is a midstakes MTT (30R) so the concept of 3bets and Light 4bets is not foreign. A 4bet, especially bvb, does not necessarily represent a "monster"

3) 3bets, similar to open raises are specific to stack sizes. If I 3bet to 10K I am committed to calling here. This is bad. DUCY? If villain is shipping 7K here, they are shipping 10K. Similarly, if villain is folding 10K, they are folding 7K. My hand is basically a bluff. If I get picked off, I want to get away as cheap as possible.

thanks for being easy, im not here to teach im here to learn,

the whole first part was me missing the data, i was seriously drained when i read it. I missed the number of players and the stack sizes (what was I even responding to?) I assumed that your re raise was there to induce an all in. I think its so small it invites a re re raise all in, and therefore you don't have a clue if its a legit hand. But ive been putting in say a 9k bet so the guy knows he all in on the flop, if he goes all in it only cause he feels he can beat a small pair or an ace. I think your re raise induces an all from any decent hand because you stack is so high your likely be bullying.

that makes it 9k to steal 4300 doesn't it? i'd say its at least 50% that he doesn't want to put his money on the line at this point.
  • Does anyone not see this as a sign of weakness. Think about stack sizes. Personally if I have 34K and villian has 100K...and he 3 bets my hand, if have a premium hand I am going to re-raise and not ship my whole stack in as soon as I get 3-bet.

I am tending to lean on the side that villian in this case may have a hand like KQ/KJ/QJ/K10 or A-rag even a small pair.

My logic here is that I know the big stack won't ship off light and it is blind vs blind. So SB can have a wider range here. Basically looks like a typical "double up or go home" scenario.

A8 may be a marginal favorite in this situation just based on stack sizes and opening tendancies.
  • Does anyone not see this as a sign of weakness. Think about stack sizes. Personally if I have 34K and villian has 100K...and he 3 bets my hand, if have a premium hand I am going to re-raise and not ship my whole stack in as soon as I get 3-bet.

I am tending to lean on the side that villian in this case may have a hand like KQ/KJ/QJ/K10 or A-rag even a small pair.

My logic here is that I know the big stack won't ship off light and it is blind vs blind. So SB can have a wider range here. Basically looks like a typical "double up or go home" scenario.

A8 may be a marginal favorite in this situation just based on stack sizes and opening tendancies.

+1

This is exactly the reason I was so tilted after I folded. Villain has a perfect reshove stack for a marginal hand.

In hindsight, I think this is a call.
  • I wouldn't worry so much about not calling. Sometimes even the correct calls get us into trouble. You still had a healthy stack...