The Well ReefAquarium.

The Well.

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" . The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on tuesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on tuesday, its your day in the well.

Ask away.

Comments

• What's the secret to cracking AA all the time because lots of people seem to have already learned this secret especially when I have AA. Thanks well.
  • moose wrote: »
    What's the secret to cracking AA all the time because lots of people seem to have already learned this secret especially when I have AA. Thanks well.

The secret? .... Call

If the stacks are deep enough, and the guy with AA won't easily fold, then you have implied odds to call.

For example if you will win with 72o 13% of the time and the stacks are 50000bb deep....

Call
  • Why do people drive on parkways, and park on driveways?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Why do people drive on parkways, and park on driveways?

So that people will not get confused when we make peanut oil out of peanuts, motor oil out of motors and baby oil out of babies.
  • When a plane crashes only the black boxes seem to remain intact, so why don't they make the plane out of the same material?
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    When a plane crashes only the black boxes seem to remain intact, so why don't they make the plane out of the same material?

Black boxes are in fact made out of a material that appears bright orange... that colour clashes with the flight attendants thongs....
  • How many Reef's are there in your Aquarium?
  • compuease wrote: »
    How many Reef's are there in your Aquarium?

It's a 5'x3'x3' 280 gallon tank with a coral reef in it. Sadly I have to sell it.
  • I've been playing poker since grade school.
    Back then we played for pennies. We knew nothing of hold'em. It was 7 card stud, 5 card stud, Draw and blackjack.

When I got into high school I joined the chess club. Everyone in the chess club played poker. I was a moderate winner and I first started by reading all the poker books I could get my hands on from the library. My first exposure to Hold'em was a book by Amarillo Slim called, "Play poker to Win."

I didn't play much in University, just an occasional game.

What got me back into poker was I happened upon one of the worst poker books ever... Phil Helmuth's, "Play Poker Like the Pro's".

I read that book and opened an account on Ultimate Bet (I don't recommend Ultimate Bet)

I started by playing free rolls and very slowly built my bankroll from nothing.
  • After playing the freerolls and getting a stake, I started to play the rake free .01/.02 on Ultimate bet. (Note again that I now don't recommend anyone play Ultimate bet) After that I cranked out the bonus a Party and got enough to play the very soft 25NL. From there I slowly moved up till I was playing the pillowsoft 3/6NL on Pacific. This was around 2004 when all you needed to know was to play tight and you could beat 3/6NL.

I always played the limit and NL games. I think it's good to know both.

Around this time I started going to Brantford and playing the 2/5 limit. I found I could not beat that 2/5limit game. Maybe it was the rake/bad play but I think I'm a lifetime loser at 2/5 limit. I found it much better to play the 5/10 limit.
  • Why were Chevy Chase and Kevin Costner so popular?
  • what is the sound of one hand clapping?
  • If a mime falls in the forest, does it makes a sound?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Why were Chevy Chase and Kevin Costner so popular?

Who? Never heard of those guys!!
  • trigs wrote: »
    what is the sound of one hand clapping?

Did you take organic chemistry...

It's a stereoscopic isomer (mirror image) of the other hand clapping.
    If a mime falls in the forest, does it makes a sound?

Of course....

... A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
  • Donald Trump's hair - real or rug?
    Donald Trump's hair - real or rug?

Hair is real, it belonged to a free range polyester ... The rest is phony as his marriage

From the March 1990 Playboy interview with Donald Trump:

Playboy: How is your marriage?

Trump: Just fine. Ivana is a very kind and good woman. I also think she has the instincts and drive of a good manager. She's focused and she's a perfectionist.

Playboy: And as a wife, not a manager?

Trump: I never comment on romance.... She's a great mother, a good woman who does a good job.

Playboy: What is marriage to you? Is it monogamous?

Trump: I don't have to answer that. I never speak about my wife--which is one of the advantages of not being a politician. My marriage is and should be a personal thing.
  • Does it bother you that in this thread you keep mentioning how you got into poker and built your bankroll, yet noone cares about poker on this forum?

Thoughts on the penis scene in Bruno -- was Mark mildly aroused or fully excited by it?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Does it bother you that in this thread you keep mentioning how you got into poker and built your bankroll, yet noone cares about poker on this forum?

Thoughts on the penis scene in Bruno -- was Mark mildly aroused or fully excited by it?

I find it strange that people here are not interested in poker.

I haven't seen Bruno. Is it worth downloading?
  • Looking back I have to say, "Boy did I have some retarded ideas about poker"

For instance,

I used to think playing only Phil Helmuth's top 10 hands of poker was a good idea. I used to think Phil Helmuth's book was good.
  • Why is 'bra' singular and 'panties' plural?