Call limp/shove with AQo??

Villain is just in general bad, hasn't really gotten out of line but has commented on how terrible one of my suckouts was where I shipped a big pot....however bad he is, can we really expect him to be limping behind 2 limpers with anything considered premium?

Also, I have 50k invested in the pot already....

Poker Stars $3.00+$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t4000/t8000 Blinds + t1000 - 7 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t267700 M = 14.09
UTG: t121496 M = 6.39
UTG+1: t147931 M = 7.79
MP: t157693 M = 8.30
CO: t235319 M = 12.39
Hero (BTN): t397659 M = 20.93
SB: t26572 M = 1.40

Pre Flop: (t19000) Hero is BTN with A:d: Q:c:
UTG calls t8000, UTG+1 calls t8000, 1 fold, CO calls t8000, Hero raises to t50555, 4 folds, CO raises to t234319 all in, Hero ?

Comments

• you shouldnt see anything youre not flipping with.

likely 88-1010 imo, maybe less.
  • ok, I've stacked off in this spot more times then once. You can assume that people are capable of limping big here and when they do I fall for it with AQ every time.. seriously. The reasonable thing to assume is that he's holding 9s or something along those lines but I've seen people turn over AK and KK..

If villain is a thinking player he might also realise that he has 30 BB's which is too thick a ship and also a stack he does not want to iso - fold flop with. If he's thinking this much a limp might make sense until he can commit his chips but I doubt he is ._.

I guess you actually could fold.. It's just such a strange line from villain and unless you think he's crazy bad he's not gonna do something that stands out this much without a hand that stands out much.. This call is for your tournament edge and I probably wouldn't jepordize my edge in a spot I don't understand. I'll take the fight later as you got no edge on the legitimate part of his limp/shove range unless he's crazy and fires AJ
  • I think theres a big difference between limping a big hand, and limping a big hand in a multiway pot that is already 4 deep.
  • That's exactly why I've never gotten away. It's just such a messed up play but I remember being royally crushed twice in this spot

Obv it would be bad by villain, but I've fallen for it and it worked like a charm both times

Edit: (there's two limpers in front of him, not 4)
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    That's exactly why I've never gotten away. It's just such a messed up play but I remember being royally crushed twice in this spot

Obv it would be bad by villain, but I've fallen for it and it worked like a charm both times

Edit: (there's two limpers in front of him, not 4)

sorry - included the bb and assumption of the sb as well.
  • Agree with Wetts here, with a couple limpers in front of him I seriously doubt he is playing AA,KK,QQ or AK this way. With the raise then folds back around to him he's figuring to be flipping with you and moving in with a small pocket pair or shoving a weaker suited ace like A10 or AJ but that would just be stupid IMO.
  • Yeah..not folding here. CO is not going to be limping a hand that has you dominated behind 2 EP limpers. With the dead money in the pot, even if you know CO has a PP, you're calling...and since his range is not consisted of only PP, pretty easy/standard call IMO.
  • I need at least 36.5% equity to make calling +EV. Even if I put villain's range to be very tight in the top 10% of hands, I am getting 49.3% equity to call.
    Math-free translation: call because my gut says so! :)
  • FWIW I called, villain had AJo, and I held!