Little help??

Please tell me how I could have avoided this:

PokerStars Game #30831877310: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2009/07/24 15:52:58 ET
Table 'Larissa X' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Homerbuddy ($10.35 in chips)
Seat 4: steve0253 ($9.90 in chips)
Seat 5: jooker_77 ($6.65 in chips)
Seat 6: littlejapes ($8.25 in chips)
Seat 7: blasthoff ($2.40 in chips)
Seat 8: marlies0811 ($12.25 in chips)
Seat 9: teskayev ($16.10 in chips)
marlies0811: posts small blind $0.05
teskayev: posts big blind $0.10
VolCorn: sits out
vir29: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Homerbuddy [Kd Jd Kc Jc]
Homerbuddy: raises $0.25 to $0.35
steve0253: folds
jooker_77: folds
littlejapes: calls $0.35
blasthoff: calls $0.35
marlies0811: calls $0.30
teskayev: raises $1.75 to $2.10
Homerbuddy: calls $1.75
littlejapes: calls $1.75
blasthoff: raises $0.30 to $2.40 and is all-in
marlies0811: folds
teskayev: calls $0.30
Homerbuddy: calls $0.30
littlejapes: calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** [Ks 9d 7s]
teskayev: bets $9.50
Homerbuddy: calls $7.95 and is all-in
littlejapes: calls $5.85 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($1.55) returned to teskayev
*** TURN *** [Ks 9d 7s] [6c]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 9d 7s 6c] [3s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
teskayev: shows [Ad 9c 2s As] (a flush, Ace high)
Homerbuddy: mucks hand
teskayev collected $4 from side pot-2
littlejapes: mucks hand
teskayev collected $16.65 from side pot-1
blasthoff: mucks hand
teskayev collected $9.50 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $31.70 Main pot $9.50. Side pot-1 $16.65. Side pot-2 $4. | Rake $1.55
Board [Ks 9d 7s 6c 3s]
Seat 1: Homerbuddy mucked [Kd Jd Kc Jc]
Seat 4: steve0253 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: jooker_77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: littlejapes mucked [5c Js 8s 8h]
Seat 7: blasthoff (button) mucked [Jh Th Qc Kh]
Seat 8: marlies0811 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: teskayev (big blind) showed [Ad 9c 2s As] and won ($30.15) with a flush, Ace high

Comments

• Avoid it totally: fold on 3 bet
    Protect your hand: shove on 3 bet. Do this. Then reload.
  • UL. When he hit the four to flush he wasn't leaving. Not much you can do.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Please tell me how I could have avoided this:

PokerStars Game #30831877310: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.05/$0.10) -

Play Hold-em?......I see nothing wrong with your play here, just the beautiful variance that is PLO.

Some may suggest a 3-bet preflop, but that depends on the villain's style for myself.

This is how my whole weekend seemed to run.....it's frustrating, but it's the game.
  • The re-raise pre screams aces...

You have two chances at set mining, and two suited king draws.. you're calling.

You hit, you're ahead, and got all your money in... sweet.

<wait wait wait>

Fuck

This is standard OM ;)

Mark
  • Other than folding to initial 3bet (which I really can't see myself doing at this level)...pretty much no other way to avoid it.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Other than folding to initial 3bet (which I really can't see myself doing at this level)...pretty much no other way to avoid it.

What level would you fold to the 3 bet with this hand? I think I am seeing a flop at pretty much any level.

My king hits...but two spades....Will the board pair? ....at this point I decide if I am feeling lucky...

I am still an Omaha nit, I likely fold it at a higher level, but I am definitely seeing a flop. This level, I am feeling lucky for sure...good chance he just has the aces without the draw..
  • So I was just unlucky he had the draw on top of the Aces? I knew he had AAxx and there is no way I fold double suited pairs here. Should I have re-popped him?

What about the other player with the OESD? Should I have taken him into the question?

This is where PLO gives me a headache. I was ahead, but LIKELY to get drawn out on.

FYI I did reload, unfortunately the villain left after one more orbit. I did however make most of my money back from the rest of the table.
  • A 3 bet doesn't automatically make it Aces at any level. At lower levels players are donks and higher levels players are aggressive. Even with AA lots of dumb players 3 bet AA automatically even if they aren't suited, the other two cards are unconnected etc etc. If you are not folding there is no point in calling to see a flop.

What possible flop would come that you would fold on the flop? Maybe an A but even any backdoor draw non-A flop you are taking to the river with this hand. Even with an A high flop, any good draw you are going all the way too. So might as well push preflop and take this pot heads up rather than encourage multi-way with a preflop flat call. You act directly after the 3 bettor so might as well trap all the dead money in between you.

Note this is for your case of double paired, double suited and connected. If you had KK88 or KKJJ but not double suited, I probably muck.
  • I probably would have played it exactly the same.
  • moose wrote: »
    What possible flop would come that you would fold on the flop?

Let's see

279 rainbow / 2 suited / 3 suited

235 rainbow / 2 suited / 3 suited

994 rainbow / 2 suited / 3 suited

567 rainbow / 2 suited / 3 suited

And the million other random combinations. We knew he had AA. Hand like KKJJ 2x suit, you need to hit. Overpairs DO NOT WIN IN OMAHA. At least not enough to make calling a good idea. OP needs to hit hard, or draw hard.

Mark