Party or Betfair?

Will be moving some $$ on to 1 of these 2 sites tonight.

1) I rarely play cash games online.
2) I rarely play sng online.

That said, I am looking for the better site for MTT, both frequency and quality (guarantees, etc).

The Party website tourney schedule isnt working right now - anyone with experience on either of these 2 LMK.

Comments

• Party will have more tourneys, Betfair will probably have more overlays. It really depends on a few things though like what buy-ins you are looking for, and when you typically play. I would suggest downloading both (it takes like 2 seconds) and looking in the software to see which have the better games around when you want to play.

Also, you may prefer one software over another. So try out the play money first.
  • - Betfair are mostly higher buyin with low volume tournies. ie the $50k major is a $535 buyin. They had a nice $20ish buyin at noon sundays but that only lasted a few weeks. Otherwise its mostly like 1k, 2k guarantees.

- Party you have to play the sunday million, weakest major ever, plus super deepstack. Play the $70 sats to get in, they are relatively easy. Other than that there are some decent $10k guarantees, $15ks in the $50 buyin range. Theres a good Fri night tourney. Not much happening weeknights though.

I'd suggest Cake, lot of tournies that fit your current regular buyins $20-50, and a decent sunday major.
  • party's tournament schedule isn't the greatest (not many tournaments, not many guarantees). however, all party tournaments are pretty deep stacked and the competition is pretty weak imho.

haven't played on betfair...yet.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I'd suggest Cake, lot of tournies that fit your current regular buyins $20-50, and a decent sunday major.

+1 on Cake. But based on your criteria, Party is probably your better choice right now (actyper pretty much broke it down)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    +1 on Cake. But based on your criteria, Party is probably your better choice right now (actyper pretty much broke it down)

I don't really think much of Cake. I've heard many issues of their software being really flaky and ever since they had a site operating on their network that wasn't paying players I lost a lot of faith in them.
  • Graham wrote: »
    I don't really think much of Cake. I've heard many issues of their software being really flaky and ever since they had a site operating on their network that wasn't paying players I lost a lot of faith in them.

Can you expand on that?
  • i used to play on cake. i had so many problems with the software that i just gave it up. it used to crash often. sometimes i couldn't even get it to run. eventually it crashed my entire laptop and i couldn't even get it to turn back on. i did enjoy the tournaments and weak-ish competition, but definitely not worth the software hassles imo.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Can you expand on that?

US players and very long waits getting cheques. No issues with mb

Still some glitchy software, but nothing has happened to me which caused me to miss a hand or screw something up with with playing, just cosmetics. Party on the other hand has screwed up some key hands for me, though I still play there :)