WPT Season One in Canada

First episode airs on CityTV Sunday, Feb 1 at 4:00pm.

Set those VCR's!

ScottyZ

Comments

• ya, and "showdown at the sands" is airing on channel 22! I taped the first segment of it on Sunday.
  • I really enjoyed the Sands tournament coverage. The WSOP coverage this year and the feature table they had each day instead of simply showing the final table has brought televised poker to a whole new level.
    Glad to see the Fox sportsnet crew followed this idea. They also have some commentators who know what they're talking about. Howard "Professor" Lederer and Michael Konik both know a lot about poker and gambling.
    Also for those who havent seen it all yet, the players in this tournament are basically the who's who of poker, Ive never been able to watch a full poker table in this fashion and know all the players until now.
    I can give a little feedback on many of the players they show if anyone wants to know nmore about some, but do yourselves a favour and don't miss The Showdown At the Sands episodes.
    Kevin
  • Also, let me know if Im wrong but i didnt know they are showing the WPT season 1 on Canadian TV yet.
    The February 1st episode is a special showing that is meant to challenge the Superbowl pregame show. It is a 1 episode showing however and is also on NBC. It has never been shown before and is the final 6 players from the WPT season 1 champions tournament, where all season 1 champs played off in this special event.
    Cant wait to see this one either, it has the most successful players from last season, and even has Juha Helppi starting 2nd place in chips, he is the first seasons UltimateBet.com champ, and also happens to be the guy who busted me out of the UB tourney both years!!
    Hope he wins this special, can't wait to see it as it'll be the first time i watch poker on tv and don't know what happens or who wins.
    (if you know who wins, keep it a secret)

Kevin
  • "Also, let me know if Im wrong but i didnt know they are showing the WPT season 1 on Canadian TV yet."

Yes, they are showing all of season 1 which will air every Sunday @ 4pm on CITY which is fantasitic news (along with channel 22 showing the Sands showdown spread over I believe 4 episodes)
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    First episode airs on CityTV Sunday, Feb 1 at 4:00pm.

Set those VCR's!

ScottyZ

i cant wait til Season 2 airs on CityTV :D

i've only taped 1 episode so far ...i want Season 1 DVD set but
    the price is Krazy :shock:
    well not krazy but if ya can tape it...then i guessed that's money saved for some more betting :lol::lol: