Moneybookers huge fees?

I just did my first withdrawal with moneybookers, in fact, it was the <20 for verification purposes, I withdrew the 20, and BMO charged a $14 fee to process it? Is this normal?

I just have to laugh.. lol. 14 out of 20. hah. stupid banks. Guess I might not be sticking with moneybookers.

argh, I really should learn to search before posting, I see this is the common fee.. wow.. stupid banks. q2e4oitgg

Comments

• That seems quite high, in future you could request a cheque and pay less in fees.
  • Graham wrote: »
    That seems quite high, in future you could request a cheque and pay less in fees.

Is this in fact true Graham? I wouldnt mind paying a couple more bux to MB if it meant less fees from the bank. Clearing a MB cheque is less than $14 in fees?

Anyone else with experience?
  • grazzt wrote: »
    Is this in fact true Graham? I wouldnt mind paying a couple more bux to MB if it meant less fees from the bank. Clearing a MB cheque is less than $14 in fees?

Anyone else with experience?

Ive requested cheques from them before. I don't think it costs more than $5 for a cheque, if that. The bank shouldn't charge anything for cashing it if you have an account.
  • big fees at moneybookers depositing and withdrawing from a bank, best to use a credit card much much lower fees. gl getting cc verified though, they use Euro's, credit card statemnt is in dollars, I never used the cheques.
    MB is great if you play at multiple poker sites for transferring from one to another, withdraws take less than 24 hrs,except at Pacific- total dog, and deposits are instant with no fees.
    For Canadian Instadebit is the best propably, e-checks are good for PS, no fees.

U got off cheap I was charged 30.00$ for a fifty dollar deposit by TD, withdraw i think was 14$.
  • That's not a MB fee but a BoM fee.
    Where was the issuing bank located?
  • Never actually deposited to MB from a bank account (subtle brag), so can't comment on fees that way. I have however withdrawn from MB to a bank account at TD (CDN funds) and was only charged the normal bank fee for currency exchange. Most of my withdrawals however have been by mailed cheques.... Incur the same cost if I deposit them into my CDN accounts.... I really should open a US account, just haven't bothered to this point.. I do however just keep my US currency in an envelope in a drawer. I use that for US trips....
  • compuease wrote: »
    Never actually deposited to MB from a bank account (subtle brag), so can't comment on fees that way. I have however withdrawn from MB to a bank account at TD (CDN funds) and was only charged the normal bank fee for currency exchange. Most of my withdrawals however have been by mailed cheques.... Incur the same cost if I deposit them into my CDN accounts.... I really should open a US account, just haven't bothered to this point.. I do however just keep my US currency in an envelope in a drawer. I use that for US trips....

dude you should do this instantly...just open one up online and your cashouts will automatically go into the US account (atleast mine did) and then you can wait and transfer it over when the dollar spikes a bit
  • Soup wrote: »
    dude you should do this instantly...just open one up online and your cashouts will automatically go into the US account (atleast mine did) and then you can wait and transfer it over when the dollar spikes a bit
    Actually I normally don't exchange back to CDN from US.. I normally travel/play in the US enough that I just keep it in US cash.. We're not talking about 100's of G's here you know... The run hasn't been that good... I don't play significant $$$ online..
  • Wait a minute I think I've been doing this all wrong. What drawer do you suggest is best and where do you live in case I need to come over for some more help?
  • moose wrote: »
    Wait a minute I think I've been doing this all wrong. What drawer do you suggest is best and where do you live in case I need to come over for some more help?
    It's drawer 3246 at the TD bank on Main St Milton, think it's called a safety deposit drawer or something.... Help yourself...
  • Agreed, TD US Borderless Plan FTW! You can wire transfer all your U$ winnings from MB or the site to your TD U$ account. Pay for all your U$ purchases (including site deposit) with the free TD US VISA Card. This can include extended warranty protection, trip interruption insurance, delayed and lost baggage insurance, and auto rental collision/loss damage insurance.

I even brought one of the free U$ cheques to Las Vegas - to pay for hookers and blow. ;) Had I gone busto in the US, I could have transferred money online from the U$ Chequing to the VISA card and withdrawn the cash from any ATM without any fees.
    Soup wrote: »
    dude you should do this instantly...just open one up online and your cashouts will automatically go into the US account