• T8urmoney wrote: »
    OK done......1.9K.....makes up for an otherwise horrible Sunday

woot! Nice one!
    OK done......1.9K.....makes up for an otherwise horrible Sunday

congrats! did it save it tho?
  • Vekked wrote: »
    congrats! did it save it tho?

lol....yup, don't play your level of games, so it was good for a decent profit on the day
    lol....yup, don't play your level of games, so it was good for a decent profit on the day

yea sigh, I'm stuck like 7k today iirc
    yea sigh, I'm stuck like 7k today iirc

ouch

Small FT on Party....$33 NLHE 2k.....sitting 7/10

bah, 3rd for 300
  • Stars $10+r NLHE 17.5k........sitting 2/9

been 1 tabling for a couple hours.....

fack.....2nd for 2.3K
  • you do realise 2nd is a pretty good score, right? :P
  • sick runs t8! warming up for the ME i see!!
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    you do realise 2nd is a pretty good score, right? :P

ha ha...ya....but...the guy I was playing HU was like a giant tuna.....and I got pwned

was disappointed in second, but I here ya
  • 1/9 109 2x turbo on stars, 8.6k up top
    1/9 109 2x turbo on stars, 8.6k up top

Aces cracked for ~40% of the chips in play, out 7th.
  • 2/9 ongame 50r, 8.8k up top

EDIT: heads up, down 3:1 in chips
  • 5th on a $15 180 man turbo. $161 bucks.
  • Icedog wrote: »
    5th on a $15 180 man turbo. $161 bucks.

ship ship!
    2/9 ongame 50r, 8.8k up top

EDIT: heads up, down 3:1 in chips

2nd for 6k
  • Vekked, I've never posted about you in this thread before but I've seen all the posts..

You spend a lot of time in this thread, and I always shake my head when I see your results. It's incredible.

Congrats.
  • Vekked, I've never posted about you in this thread before but I've seen all the posts..

Top Posters:

Wetts 276
    jdAA88 270
    Vekked 222
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Top Posters:

Vekked 222

And probably most of these in the last 4 months... Must be a huge heater... Can it possibly last?

Vekked, without getting too detailed, are you up a lot this year? If you don't want to answer I could understand.
  • compuease wrote: »
    And probably most of these in the last 4 months... Must be a huge heater... Can it possibly last?

Vekked, without getting too detailed, are you up a lot this year? If you don't want to answer I could understand.

graphs2011.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Left is my graph for the year, right is my graph since school ended and I've been playing full time (start of may). I was basically breakeven (-13k) from January-May. You can't see it from the graph, but basically I had like ~5 5-figure scores out of maybe a total of 7 weekdays I played all semester, and I bricked 7 or 8 straight sundays to lose it all back, lol. Once I got back playing weekdays full-time I was able to fight some of the sunday variance and actually make up for sunday losses during the week. This has def been my sickest heater in terms of results/consistency, but not in terms of $$ (had a ridic week last august with my 3 biggest scores at the time all in the span of 6 days).
    graphs2011.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Left is my graph for the year, right is my graph since school ended and I've been playing full time (start of may). I was basically breakeven (-13k) from January-May. You can't see it from the graph, but basically I had like ~5 5-figure scores out of maybe a total of 7 weekdays I played all semester, and I bricked 7 or 8 straight sundays to lose it all back, lol. Once I got back playing weekdays full-time I was able to fight some of the sunday variance and actually make up for sunday losses during the week. This has def been my sickest heater in terms of results/consistency, but not in terms of $$ (had a ridic week last august with my 3 biggest scores at the time all in the span of 6 days).

Appreciate to your candid answer Vekked and no doubt you've seen my other post re is it really worth it? Could you actually have made more profit if you had worked at a decent job for the same number of hours? I realize that as a young person still in school (and of that I'm jealous :) ) you would be somewhat limited as to potential income from a regular job. I'm more thinking of someone who is playing full time after they have completed their education or (shudder) dropped out to play online poker. I don't expect you to post it publically but as one of our more successful online players have you ever "ball parked" what your hourly has been since you started playing significant volume?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Appreciate to your candid answer Vekked and no doubt you've seen my other post re is it really worth it? Could you actually have made more profit if you had worked at a decent job for the same number of hours? I realize that as a young person still in school (and of that I'm jealous :) ) you would be somewhat limited as to potential income from a regular job. I'm more thinking of someone who is playing full time after they have completed their education or (shudder) dropped out to play online poker. I don't expect you to post it publically but as one of our more successful online players have you ever "ball parked" what your hourly has been since you started playing significant volume?

I'm about to post a bigger response in your other thread about this, but in short, I def couldn't have made near as much working a job. I have no idea what my true hourly rate is, but I would estimate it's somewhere between $100-$250/hour. I'll talk about the other stuff in the other post.

True or false for an MTTer:

Playing weekdays is a must for long term success.

Ive always been under the impression that those who only grind weekends are destined to go busto.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    True or false for an MTTer:

Playing weekdays is a must for long term success.

Ive always been under the impression that those who only grind weekends are destined to go busto.

I'd say false, but you need a massive BR or need to grind a lot of the regular/non-major/smaller fields tournies on sundays in order to endure the swings. I mean obv you're still +EV on sundays but whereas weekdays you can have 1-2 months breakeven stretches, sundays you can have over a year, maybe more. So I guess it depends on how long-term you're looking :P
  • 5/10 ongame highroller, 12.5k up top
    5/10 ongame highroller, 12.5k up top

But is it worth it?

GLGLGL
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    But is it worth it?
    smart ass....... get back to your kitchen reno...
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Top Posters:

Wetts 276
    jdAA88 270
    Vekked 222
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    But is it worth it?

GLGLGL
    compuease wrote: »
    smart ass....... get back to your kitchen reno...

ignore him, hes just tryin to bump up his count....
  • never heard of this ongame and cant seem to find it. Post link?
  • QQ < KJ then QQ < KQ to bust 7th :S, don't think you want to play on that rigged site