OMG I Made Another Final Table!

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    Ft nightly 70k sittin third.....brain hurts......

edit: out in 5th for 3700 boon cakes. ill take it but man i felt like i had a bad ft run. finally picked up a hand and shoved 66 into ak and lost the flip...

i made a video of it i might post later

Good job, you've been winning all kinds of stuff lately. Almost makes me want to eat the varience and start playing stars again. Would you be interested in getting some kind of mtt study group together to look at HH's and talk strategy and so on? jdAA88 tried to put something like that together but it never lifted off
  • yeah I'd be down to try n start something up again.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Good job, you've been winning all kinds of stuff lately. Almost makes me want to eat the varience and start playing stars again. Would you be interested in getting some kind of mtt study group together to look at HH's and talk strategy and so on? jdAA88 tried to put something like that together but it never lifted off
    ummmmmm.......YA
    Ft nightly 70k sittin third.....brain hurts......

edit: out in 5th for 3700 boon cakes. ill take it but man i felt like i had a bad ft run. finally picked up a hand and shoved 66 into ak and lost the flip...

i made a video of it i might post later

nice one
  • Nice one Darb!

I too would be interested in some sort of study group.

Came into a Merge 4k guarantee 1/10, but sitting 3/9 now...174 runners.

-someone messed with my rungood switch. Lose a KQ<KQ to runner runner flush. then an a9 shortstack shove to k9...blah blah blah
  • n1 darb, wouldn't mind checking the vid

EDIT:

Just checked your stats, and although it's probably slightly -EV for me to tell you (and I'm only bothering to b/c I care slightly more about random PFC community grinders than other random grinders), I'm going to give you a money saving tip: do NOT play 150 freezes or the 2nd chance (I'm assuming that's the smaller field $200). I have no clue what you roll is, or if you sattied into them, because regardless of this these are NOT +EV shots for you. These are tough tournaments and I'm positive that you're better off not playing them at all until you've had good success at all stakes lower than them. Game selection is more important to making money at tournaments than a lot of people realize. BR management + game selection = profit for you at this point.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    n1 darb, wouldn't mind checking the vid

EDIT:

Just checked your stats, and although it's probably slightly -EV for me to tell you (and I'm only bothering to b/c I care slightly more about random PFC community grinders than other random grinders), I'm going to give you a money saving tip: do NOT play 150 freezes or the 2nd chance (I'm assuming that's the smaller field $200). I have no clue what you roll is, or if you sattied into them, because regardless of this these are NOT +EV shots for you. These are tough tournaments and I'm positive that you're better off not playing them at all until you've had good success at all stakes lower than them. Game selection is more important to making money at tournaments than a lot of people realize. BR management + game selection = profit for you at this point.

kk thx alot, and ill have to think about this...it changes my views so i have to sit on it. strange how poker can be so black and white that way....where shall i take my shots then?.....

ps i got the vid and watched, its alright, i commentated which is meh but nice to get all my thoughts out there, try and get it up today/tonight
  • Personally I'd prooobably not advocate taking shots in general since I think there's a lot to be said about grinding it up through the stakes at a natural pace and developing your skills for the next level. I've never made a dime from taking a "shot". The closest thing to a successful shot I had was my 2nd place in FTOPS 100r when I had ~80-90k roll which is hardly a shot from a BRM perspective. If you really want to take shots definitely:

a) play satties, and only play the tourney if you satty in for something reasonable compared to your BR, aka don't just play a $10 satty 20 times until you get into a $200, and also only satty into stuff that is not too far out of your roll/is as soft as your current stakes (aka don't satty into the super tuesday and play it LOL)

b) play only the biggest sunday freezeouts or biggest guaranteed tourneys in series like ftops/wcoop/scoop. Generally only take shots sundays, and probably wcoop/scoop sundays are the best, or stuff like the big sunday million the other week.

It's a slippery slope though since it's so easy to take shots too regularly or spend too much on satties and all sorts of stuff. Just grinding it out the old fashioned way is almost surely the most optimal way to build your roll though.

It's a slippery slope though since it's so easy to take shots too regularly or spend too much on satties and all sorts of stuff. Just grinding it out the old fashioned way is almost surely the most optimal way to build your roll though.

Gold.

Not that I use much brm at all...but this is seriously my problem. I can't count the number of times that I have tried sat'ing into a tournament only to clue in that I wasted 6 hours and saved 10 bucks by the time I actually got in...or spent 50% of the buy in and still didn't have a seat.:mad: Hardly the point of sats.
  • Small final table again, sittning 4/9 at betssons 3,2k gt 10r.

Edit: Out 3rd for 320. Doubled up the same guy 5 times 4 handed

As for the study group someone should put together a thread for starters. If we have to wait til someone makes a ft everytime we're gonna make progress with that idea we'll probably waiting a long time. I'll make one myself when I have time if noone beats me to it.

What's important to agree upon is what times we want to get together and chat, the format of it so we have something to build upon as well as the venue (msn, skype etc)
  • Another small ft on Merge, 2k guarantee, 199 runners $4r/a. coming in 3/10
    Personally I'd prooobably not advocate taking shots in general since I think there's a lot to be said about grinding it up through the stakes at a natural pace and developing your skills for the next level. I've never made a dime from taking a "shot". The closest thing to a successful shot I had was my 2nd place in FTOPS 100r when I had ~80-90k roll which is hardly a shot from a BRM perspective. If you really want to take shots definitely:

a) play satties, and only play the tourney if you satty in for something reasonable compared to your BR, aka don't just play a $10 satty 20 times until you get into a $200, and also only satty into stuff that is not too far out of your roll/is as soft as your current stakes (aka don't satty into the super tuesday and play it LOL)

b) play only the biggest sunday freezeouts or biggest guaranteed tourneys in series like ftops/wcoop/scoop. Generally only take shots sundays, and probably wcoop/scoop sundays are the best, or stuff like the big sunday million the other week.

in before thread derail, i have more to say but its not very valid....just that im more interested in getting better faster than a bankroll, my roll is infinite in that sense....however taking shots doesn't make you better but some times you final table the 70k twice in 3 months and its ok :p

but now that i win sometimes br management is a real factor.....
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Small final table again, sittning 4/9 at betssons 3,2k gt 10r.

Edit: Out 3rd for 320. Doubled up the same guy 5 times 4 handed

As for the study group someone should put together a thread for starters. If we have to wait til someone makes a ft everytime we're gonna make progress with that idea we'll probably waiting a long time. I'll make one myself when I have time if noone beats me to it.

What's important to agree upon is what times we want to get together and chat, the format of it so we have something to build upon as well as the venue (msn, skype etc)
    nawwww...lets just derail this one.....

anyways im not the guy to set this up.......noooo clue!
  • Wow Booner! Nice job! Enjoy your Booncakes and for that win, you even get to put whatever you want on top of them.

Again, nice win.
  • Wow Booner! Nice job! Enjoy your Booncakes and for that win, you even get to put whatever you want on top of them.

Again, nice win.
    Thank you sir........

choclate!
  • 10 dollar 200 player final table on betsson. Sitting 2/10 with 2x average. 450 dollars up for grabs for 1st ^^'

Edit: Out 3rd vs a fish for 220 dollars. Proceeded to make the final table of a 33 dollar tournament full of retards just to bust 10th AK v AQ on an A high flop
  • While not really a real final table...a 22r 4k guaranteed on playnow. About 90 runners Coming in 2/8 in the money. Only about 90 runners, but my first final on the Playnow site..

JJ vs A9 for 4th spot and 505 jellybeans. Jellybeans are less fattening that cheeseburgers I am told.
  • 1/9 in the turbo hundy right now
  • Heads-up! Gotta love 3rd and 4th not making any deals lol
  • Haha, such an absurd FT, sooo many people folding down to <4BB and then folding their BB when they got shoved on and stuff, made it super easy. Heads up was a bit tough cuz other guy was the best at the table but he opened a few too many hands and gave me some momentum to pull ahead, then he bluffed off a bunch of chips before jamming K6 into my AK. $5200 richer :)

EDIT: A bit braggy but this marks winning all of the daily Turbo's on FTP $50+, minus the afternoon rush one that's kinda new.
  • your a monster! lol
  • Final table of the $82 hyper-turbo on Stars

• westside8 wrote: »
    Final table of the $82 hyper-turbo on Stars

boo no chat go go go

top trey

gg sir, sick way to go out
    boo no chat go go go

top trey

gg sir, sick way to go out

Meh - 3rd for 1.8k
  • well done guys!

and vekked, plz teach us how to turbo!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • FTP $3+r 10.5K....sitting 4/9

lolzzz......I run good....out 8th for fa

here's my bustout hand....nothing like going through 1300 people, then this happens to you for chiplead pot:

Full Tilt Poker Game #29916746271: $10,500 Guarantee (Rebuy) (232284982), Table 39 - 10000/20000 Ante 2500 - No Limit Hold'em - 01:28:01 MT - 2011/04/15 [03:28:01 ET - 2011/04/15]
    Seat 1: T8urmoney (725,944)
    Seat 2: Stud Duck 22 (386,996)
    Seat 3: d-pretti (777,616)
    Seat 4: Brasiliense (521,177)
    Seat 6: Blakstone1 (1,074,965)
    Seat 7: Chivato_AZ (506,120)
    Seat 8: ll Villain ll (490,358)
    Seat 9: papataff (1,721,824)
    T8urmoney antes 2,500
    Stud Duck 22 antes 2,500
    d-pretti antes 2,500
    Brasiliense antes 2,500
    Blakstone1 antes 2,500
    Chivato_AZ antes 2,500
    ll Villain ll antes 2,500
    papataff antes 2,500
    Brasiliense posts the small blind of 10,000
    Blakstone1 posts the big blind of 20,000
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to T8urmoney [Qh Qc]
    Chivato_AZ folds
    OUTLIERS78 (Observer): ta
    ll Villain ll folds
    papataff folds
    T8urmoney raises to 50,000
    Stud Duck 22 folds
    d-pretti calls 50,000
    Brasiliense folds
    Blakstone1 calls 30,000
    *** FLOP *** [Jd Js 8h]
    Blakstone1 has 15 seconds left to act
    Blakstone1 bets 40,000
    T8urmoney calls 40,000
    d-pretti folds
    *** TURN *** [Jd Js 8h] [Qd]
    Blakstone1 bets 100,000
    T8urmoney raises to 200,000
    Blakstone1 raises to 982,465, and is all in
    T8urmoney calls 433,444, and is all in
    Blakstone1 shows [Jh Tc]
    T8urmoney shows [Qh Qc]
    Uncalled bet of 349,021 returned to Blakstone1
    *** RIVER *** [Jd Js 8h Qd] [Jc]
    Blakstone1 shows four of a kind, Jacks
    T8urmoney shows a full house, Queens full of Jacks
    Blakstone1 wins the pot (1,526,888) with four of a kind, Jacks
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,526,888 | Rake 0
    Board: [Jd Js 8h Qd Jc]
    Seat 1: T8urmoney showed [Qh Qc] and lost with a full house, Queens full of Jacks
    Seat 2: Stud Duck 22 folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: d-pretti (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: Brasiliense (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 6: Blakstone1 (big blind) showed [Jh Tc] and won (1,526,888) with four of a kind, Jacks
    Seat 7: Chivato_AZ folded before the Flop
    Seat 8: ll Villain ll folded before the Flop
    Seat 9: papataff folded before the Flop
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    FTP $3+r 10.5K....sitting 4/9

gogogo
  • What a sick river but nice run
  • LOL 9/9 Tilt #232754129 135 runners $2.25 On Demand

Car dead 7/7 with 10BB's left

Had 3 hands in the last Hour and a half.