weeeeeeeeeee got gold star

pokerstars is sending out quiz about vip program, if you get 19 or 20 out of 20 questions right you get 3,000 points which maks you a gold star, just finished it and now will be gold star starting july 21,woot woot

Comments

• I got goldstar the other way last month for the first time... this would have probably been much easier. Where is this quiz, and what were the answers?
  • quiz only being sent by email to certain players(sounds like bronze star peeps).

Answers you can get right off the vip homepage,lol

Graham wrote: »
    I got goldstar the other way last month for the first time... this would have probably been much easier. Where is this quiz, and what were the answers?
  • I got that email as well...be looking through the VIP page as I'm answering it too.

ummmmm, what ARE the perks for Gold Star anyway? I don't play near enough to ever get past Bronze so I never really looked into it
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I got that email as well...be looking through the VIP page as I'm answering it too.

ummmmm, what ARE the perks for Gold Star anyway? I don't play near enough to ever get past Bronze so I never really looked into it

You earn FPPs faster and access to some more items in the store. Also, Goldstar has access to special VIP freerolls with some good prizepools.
  • 20/20 for me.
  • What's the date of the email? Nada for me or the wife so far.
  • moose wrote: »
    What's the date of the email? Nada for me or the wife so far.

Ditto.....I got shiite
  • 20/20! SHIP IT!!

I guess its only randomly selected donks like myself that are getting emails.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Ditto.....I got shiite

Nothing for me as well. I havent played there for months...
  • Yeah I still haven't gotten it, hopefully tomorrow!
  • Got the e-mail this morning. 20/20. Can be completed in under 10 minutes.

Although I still play a couple tourneys there per week, the total number and overall percentage of games I play on Stars vs. other sites has gone way, way down over the last couple months thanks to a ridiculous streak of mid-to-late-in-tourney bad beats, coolers and lost coin flips. Other sites I'm running okay. Stars ... eeech.

Attachment not found.

It might be that anyone who has been playing there steadily (win or lose) has little chance of receiving this promotion. More of a 'we want you back' type of thing.

p.s. to Graham: Thanks for crediting those two $25 PFC tourney bonuses to my Stars account. They've basically been the only upswing on the account's balance. :'(
  • Here is the link (somebody forwarded me the email ;)) I tried doing it though, got 20/20 but no change on my account so they may verify that your name is on their mailing list.

http://www.surveycenter.com/sc/pokerstars/
  • Lately, I've been playing more on Stars than anywhere else, mostly SnG's and MTT's, roughly about 8 hrs/wk...but it was over a year since I played there before so maybe it is a COME BACK WE MISS YOUR MONEY promo.
  • did the survey w/o the email. no luck. FML.
  • yes it says somewhere they verify if you got sent a email.

it is July 21 it says that the points will be added to your account

Graham wrote: »
    Here is the link (somebody forwarded me the email ;)) I tried doing it though, got 20/20 but no change on my account so they may verify that your name is on their mailing list.

http://www.surveycenter.com/sc/pokerstars/
  • Quoted from the email I rec'd

"Please note that the offer is only open to players who have received this e-mail invitation directly from PokerStars and not via forums or forwarded mail. "

So yea, I guess you need to have rec'd the email to qualify.
  • i junk all my poker emails -- the only real benefit of status levels there is to get alot of points for stuff, so suddenly being promoted a few levels really isn't doing anything IMO
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    i junk all my poker emails -- the only real benefit of status levels there is to get alot of points for stuff, so suddenly being promoted a few levels really isn't doing anything IMO

+1, I play MTT averaging 40 hrs / week with ABI in the $18 range splitting my time with FTP & Stars. Made SilverStar just once (tough to do playing low limit MTT, think I mixed in some cash that month), and never made Iron man on FTP.

So if you get moved up a couple levels, won't help much, you'll be right back down to normal next month.

But, you can look at it as a free entry into the TurboTakedown this month.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

But, you can look at it as a free entry into the TurboTakedown this month.

I guess you didn't really read the stuff as you were answering the questions. Good luck cashing in those VPPs.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    i junk all my poker emails -- the only real benefit of status levels there is to get alot of points for stuff, so suddenly being promoted a few levels really isn't doing anything IMO

The main perk is the 3k points... at 500 points for a $7.50 token thats a $45 value.
  • Graham wrote: »
    The main perk is the 3k points... at 500 points for a $7.50 token thats a $45 value.

I say again, did you actually learn anything answering the survey? gl cashing in VPPs.
  • ( ) VPPs are the same thing as FPPs
  • Quiz:
    ( ) Teaches something about VIP program.
    (x) 20/20 = Epic fail.
    I say again, did you actually learn anything answering the survey? gl cashing in VPPs.

Oh, you only get VPPs, I thought it was 3000 FPPs.
  • Same thing they did with the Supernova promo if you signed the Stars T&C at the WSOP. You get 100K VPP = Supernova, but you don't get any physical FPP.
    I guess you didn't really read the stuff as you were answering the questions. Good luck cashing in those VPPs.

Lol....yes you may be right, but you obviously didn't read my posting that I didn't get the e-mail (or, hence, participate in the survey).

But yeah, if they are VPP's, then it would be a pretty useless promo.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Same thing they did with the Supernova promo if you signed the Stars T&C at the WSOP. You get 100K VPP = Supernova, but you don't get any physical FPP.

Ah... its so misleading.
  • Woo hoo. Got the confirmation anyways! So go ahead and try graham's link anyways.

Dear cdnmoose07, Congratulations! You have achieved GoldStar VIP status. Your VIP level lasts for the rest of this month and all of next month. This entitles you to the following rewards: - 100% FPP Multiplier - you now earn 2 FPP credits for every 1 VPP credit earned- GoldStar VIP Store access - choose from new and exclusive merchandise in the GoldStar store- USD 30,000 Weekly VIP tourneys - Saturdays at 14:30 ET for a 100 FPP buy-in- USD 75,000 Weekly VIP tourneys - Saturdays at 14:00 ET - 300 FPP satellites available- USD 100,000 Monthly VIP tourney - last Saturday of each month, free entry These exclusive VIP tournaments can be found in your PokerStars game lobby under the 'Tourney > VIP > All' tab. To remain a GoldStar, you need to earn at least 3,000 VPPs next month to maintain your level.
    Woo hoo. Got the confirmation anyways! So go ahead and try graham's link anyways.

Cool tks.....did it yesterday, and am Goldstar today.
  • Yepp, did the survey through Graham's link and am now Goldstar!