$40.00 Freeze-out Friday July 17

Gilford Lions Club is hosting a $40.00 Freeze-out Poker Tournament Friday July 17, 2009.
Structure will be as shown on the Ontario Poker Leaque – Orangeville Ontario Poker League - Orangeville (Orangeville, ON) - Meetup.com
$40.00 Buy-in. Optional $20.00 and $40.00 add-on.
Food and Soft drinks available.
This is a small hall so please let us know in advance of attendance. We can handle about 64 people.
Email: dn.gardiner@ticketholdem.com
The second site for the Ontario Poker League has been set up for people in the Simcoe County area. We hope to build as dynamic a group as Orangeville has with regular rakefree meetups. See Simcoe-Ontario-Poker-League-Gilford (Churchill, ON) - Meetup.com

Comments

• Is this one of the charity things, or a full tournament?

I have a company golf tournament on Friday in the area so Im probably in.

Also - If there is a rebuy and an addon its not a freezeout.
  • No Rebuys but there is an add-on option at registration for Charity (Gilford Lions). Yes it is a charity tournament but I wanted to make this a freeze-out format.
  • So this is really a $100. tournament where only $40. goes to the prize pool and $60. to the charity? That's an awfully heavy rake...

Are you also considering a league tournament structure similar to Orangeville where there is no rake?
  • Not quite, $40 and $20 or $40 add-on So $60 or $80 are your options which also gets you food and beverage. It will not raise as much money but I hope it will make for a shorter eventing.
    Yes the League games will be no rake just like Orangeville if we can get the interest.