Ufc 100

My thoughts on the Main Event:

Before this fight even took place, I always stated Brock needs to be in his own weight class. This fight just goes to show how big he really is.

Mir is not a stand up fighter, but he was forced to try to keep this on his feet, and maybe even get a leg sweep to attempt a submission.

Brock dominated this entire fight with just his weight alone.

When Herb Dean stopped the fight, UFC turned into the WWE in a matter of seconds. There was no need for the banter after the fight. GSP VS. PENN both hated eachother before the fight and after all was said and done GSP and Penn did embrace and respected eachother after the fight.

Brock took this aftermath too far..., He went up to Mir after the fight and said "Keep Talking Shit" refused to shake hands, and ultimatlely lost many fans by Giving them the finger as the crowd boo'ed.

Interview after the fight had all the markings of WWE.
"I am going to go home and drink a Coors Light, because Bud Light won't give me any money...and maybe I may get on top of my Wife..."

I don't think anyone in the Heavyweight division can strip Brock of this title. The only man I think can do this is not signed with the UFC (yet)

FEDOR VS LESENOR

What are your thoughts on UFC 100?

Comments

• Mir is not a stand-up fighter? Tell that to big Nog, who he TKOed in his previous fight. While I agree that Lesnar was just "TOO" for Mir (too big, too fast, too strong), that is not Lesnar fault. Lesnar will probably fight Carwin or Velasquez next, and I am betting on Carwin, as he is very much in the "Lesnar" mold, if you will . . .

As for the post fight cage shenanigans, some fans will think this was a good thing, as Lesnar obviously relishes the "heel" role. While I agree that UFC does not need to tread the path of the WWE in this regard, a little bit of this sort of hype is not going to hurt. If you have seen the post-fight press conferences, then you have also seen a contrite Brock Lesnar doing damage control (on orders, no doubt, from Dana).

The flipping off of the fans is no big deal, imo, as it is just Brock giving as good as he got. The fans were booing his GnP assault on Mir in both rounds, most likely because it was not "flashy" enough to be seen other than on the monitors. I was flabbergasted at Deans continued admonitions for Brock to "work" while he had Mir down. What the hell did he want? Brock was busting Frank's face the whole time, so back off ref.

All in all, I was VERY pleased with the fights we saw, but a little disappointed that we saw none of the prelim matches, especially since they ended the PPV BEFORE 1:00 a.m. Usually they run these to around 1:15 or so, which gave them ample time to have a prelim fight go to air. Small complaint though, in an otherwise excellent night of fights.

I wonder if Bisping is awake yet?

Oh, and while I give Fedor more chance to beat Brock than Mir, I am no longer sold that he will beat him. Brock is going to continue to improve, I hope in the transiton area for submissions (can you imagine those arms in a RNC?), and his defensive skills are much improved as well. He could hold that strap for a long time.
  • I wanna see the fight(s) that were held before the PPV came on the air just to see who bled that much on the mat? It was EVERYWHERE

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I wanna see the fight(s) that were held before the PPV came on the air just to see who bled that much on the mat? It was EVERYWHERE

Mark

It was the Miller/Danzig match that painted the cage floor. Round one had Miller open up Danzig with some vicious elbows right around the hairline. It was your typical crimson mask sort of deal. If it was not an MMA fight you would have sworn Danzig juiced himself for effect. Not sure if it was multiple gashes or just one big one, but the corner guys could not really get it stopped between rounds. Danzig is probably gone after this loss.

Just goes to show you that vegans are weaker fighters. :D
  • Nice to see Henderson clean Bisping's clock not once, but twice with that vicious flying elbow. GSP won a strategic fight vs Alves I thought everytime Alves would try and get inside of GSP with a few jabs, George would just take him down to the ground.

Lesnar is an idiot, there either needs to be a limit on how heavy a heavyweight can be, or there should be another weight class, 265 is ridiculous look at the size of the guys hes fighting. Not to mention ex college wrestler and WWE, all he has to do is lay on someone.

IMO good card for ufc 100, I don't know who will contend Brock or GSP for their respective belts.
  • You know, I loved the KO, but I am more pissed with the smash AFTER the KO than with anything Lesnar said, or did, after his win. Many times, I have seen fighters "move in for the kill" after a devastating shot. More often than not, they do so while looking at the ref, as if to say, "Do I have to go on?" Only when the ref indicates that more is needed do they then continue with strikes, and invariably with fists only. Henderson showed less class than Brock, imo.
  • There was a post interview where brock apolagized for his actions and said hes "not biased towards bud light and will be drinking bud light tonight" lol.

and BISPING GOT OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! w000t
  • Yes. Yes he did.

But, as for Lesnar getting spanked by Dana backstage, I think Hendo got dealt with more harshly. Read between the lines when you see how Henderson is only a "maybe" to get a title shot for his win, even though it a was a dominating KO victory. I think the "little something extra" may have hurt his chances. I'm looking at the winner of Maia/Marquardt to fight the Spider sometime towards the end of the year.
  • Brock's actions - We've seen time and time again that if you disrespect him, he'll show you what you can do with your disrespect. Heath Herring disrepected him by saying that Brock didn't deserve to fight him, and got owned for it. Randy always showed Brock respect and Brock acted with grace after the fight. Mir said that he was going to break Brock's leg among other things and Brock "told" him what he thought of Mir. Some of the fans booed Brock for his dominating performance and Brock showed them what he thought of their opinion. The way I figure it is that you pay to watch the fighters fight, and if you decide to heckle don't be surprised that you get flipped off. Kind of like those idiot fans in Detroit that got beaten up by the Pacers for throwing their beers at them.

Hendo's actions - The extra shot was great. But he shouldn't have said what he did. All he had to say was that he wanted to make sure the guy wasn't getting back up. I still respect the guy tremendously and thought Bisping was a fool to try and get under his skin. And Hendo was never in line to get a title shot. Dana had said that if Bisping wins he'll get a title shot but if Hendo wins, he'll have to fight again before a title shot.

To the person that mentioned that there should be a weight limit for HWs, there is. It's 265lbs which is what Brock cuts down to before each fight. His walk around weight is closer to 289. Most of the fighters cut significant weight before their fights except in the HW class(GSP walk around weight is 185 and yet he fights at 170, A Silva walk around weight is 215 and he fights at 185), except most HWs don't need to cut any weight since more extra weight would slow them down too much. This is why Brock is such a freak. You won't find many that can move as fast as he can at his weight.

To the person who thought this card was short, umm UFC's have been ending before 1am for years now. The reason being is that they rent the satellite service for 3hrs. This is why their main events always start at approx. midnight ensuring that the whole fight will be broadcast.
  • Brock's actions - We've seen time and time again that if you disrespect him, he'll show you what you can do with your disrespect. Heath Herring disrepected him by saying that Brock didn't deserve to fight him, and got owned for it. Randy always showed Brock respect and Brock acted with grace after the fight. Mir said that he was going to break Brock's leg among other things and Brock "told" him what he thought of Mir. Some of the fans booed Brock for his dominating performance and Brock showed them what he thought of their opinion. The way I figure it is that you pay to watch the fighters fight, and if you decide to heckle don't be surprised that you get flipped off. Kind of like those idiot fans in Detroit that got beaten up by the Pacers for throwing their beers at them.

Hendo's actions - The extra shot was great. But he shouldn't have said what he did. All he had to say was that he wanted to make sure the guy wasn't getting back up. I still respect the guy tremendously and thought Bisping was a fool to try and get under his skin. And Hendo was never in line to get a title shot. Dana had said that if Bisping wins he'll get a title shot but if Hendo wins, he'll have to fight again before a title shot.

To the person that mentioned that there should be a weight limit for HWs, there is. It's 265lbs which is what Brock cuts down to before each fight. His walk around weight is closer to 289. Most of the fighters cut significant weight before their fights except in the HW class(GSP walk around weight is 185 and yet he fights at 170, A Silva walk around weight is 215 and he fights at 185), except most HWs don't need to cut any weight since more extra weight would slow them down too much. This is why Brock is such a freak. You won't find many that can move as fast as he can at his weight.

To the person who thought this card was short, umm UFC's have been ending before 1am for years now. The reason being is that they rent the satellite service for 3hrs. This is why their main events always start at approx. midnight ensuring that the whole fight will be broadcast.

Umm, except that if you look at the screen prior to the start of the PPV, it shows the run time as being 10:00p.m. EST until 1:22 a.m. EST. UFC 100 was done at around 12:45 a.m., leaving plenty of time to show at least one prelim fight, and still not run over.