3d wtf?

Seriously WTF?

They tried 3D movies in the 1950's. Bad idea then, bad idea now. It's a hokey side show effect that takes away from the overall enjoyment of the movie. Now so many movies are coming out in 3D. I don't want to pay extra money to sit there and watch a movie in dorky 3D glasses. I hate it.

Comments

• I liked both "up" and "Coraline" in 3d........

It's come a far way from the 1980's red/blue glasses

Mark
  • Up was good. I didn't feel the 3D detracted from Up. I thought it was more in your face in Monsters vs Aliens. Perhaps that's because I've seen exactly 2 x 3D movies this year and the effect is already fading on me. Pre 2009, I think the last time I saw "3D" was in an old SCTV episode.

Have heard from a relative not all showings of Up (smaller theatres?) are in 3D though.
  • 3D illustrates the reason I love Pixar and moderately enjoy Dreamworks. I have yet to see MvsA but with Up, they did everything right with the 3D. It was emphasized during the scenes where they were doing long shots of scenery or having dialogue, while they eased up on it during the action scenes, thus little to none of the annoying ghosting that gives people headaches. Coraline was pretty sweet too. I think the trick is doing it with purely animated films. I think the live action stuff or mixed live/CGI just won't work.
  • Up was a fabulous movie.

The new polarized 3d effects are *FAR* better than the awful red/green of old.

If you haven't seen Up in this new technology then you should go see it.
  • Up in 3d enhanced the entire movie experience and actually made going to the theatre worthwhile.
  • SCTV 3d scenes, get that technology back
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    SCTV 3d scenes, get that technology back

Heh bringing it back: YouTube - SCTV 3 Dr Tongues 3D House of Stewardesses