Pokerstars deposit bonus question

Im thinking about taking $50 out of my FT account and getting on P*. Ive read a bit on there FPP and it looks like micro stake cash games you dont get any. (based on rake requirements). Is it doable to grind out the bonus in a reasonable amount of time playing SNGS/DoN's? My roll will only be $50, anyone else done this?

Comments

• How Do I Earn My Bonus?
    • To earn your deposit bonus you must earn a designated number of Base FPPs. The amount Base FPPs you must earn, and the maximum bonus you may earn, may vary by promotion.
      Example - You have a pending 100% bonus with a $50 max and a 10 FPP requirement. If you made a $50 deposit ($50 bonus) you would need to earn 500 Base FPPs (10 x 50) to release the bonus
      Base FPPs which count toward the bonus requirement begin with the first hand played after the deposit is made to your account.

FPPs that you win in a satellite do not count towards getting a bonus. For instance, if you enter a 100 FPP satellite, win a seat into a 1000 FPP satellite, and then unregister, you're credited with 1000 FPPs. Those do *not* count toward cashing in a deposit bonus.

Play Money and Freeroll tournaments do not award FPPs. These tournaments are completely free to play and as such are not part of the PokerStars FPP program.

After the required number of post-deposit Base FPPs have been earned, the bonus will move from "pending status" into your PokerStars cash balance. PokerStars will send you an email confirming that the bonus funds have been moved to your cash account. The transaction will also be noted in your transaction "History" in the Cashier window.

I am pretty sure it used to only be 250 FPPs, so 500 is a bit harder. If you can win over 50% of the time, you could grind it away playing $5 Double or Nothing (50% pay). You would need to play 200 of these to clear the bonus.
  • playing low level on stars makes it almost impossible to get the bonuses. like you said, low level cash games won't do it (most hands don't even qualify to give you FPPs). it's doable on SNGs but it'll take a lot of games.
  • hmm, maybe ill just keep playing cash at full tilt then. Im just kinda disappointed I signed up over a year ago with no idea about rakeback, and now cant get any.