Legal Status of Online Poker in Canada

hey im a US citizen but i come to canada a lot to play partypoker (obv dont just go for partypoker). Everytime ive gone thru Customs ive said im going there to play online poker with a friend. which seems to be working cuase ive never been denied entry to Canada. So is that safe to say (is online poker legal in Canada?) or should i just say im going to visit a friend? Thanks

Comments

• [x] Strangest post of 2009
    [ ] WTF?
    [ ] Troll
  • moose wrote: »
    [x] Strangest post of 2009
    [X ] WTF?
    [X ] Troll

fyp
  • dam looks like this forum has more muppets on it than 2p2. sick life
  • rivstyle wrote: »
    dam looks like this forum has more muppets on it than 2p2. sick life

So what is your issue anyways? Playing online poker in the US is not illegal in most states anyways, it's only illegal for the payment processors to transfer money to poker sites.

See here... Is Online Poker Legal?
  • compuease wrote: »
    So what is your issue anyways? Playing online poker in the US is not illegal in most states anyways, it's only illegal for the payment processors to transfer money to poker sites.

See here... Is Online Poker Legal?

just partypoker i play when im there. plus i like to get away from my house anyway. i know online poker isnt illegal where i live but i cant find anything thats anywhere near recent that says the legal status of online poker in canada
  • rivstyle wrote: »
    (obv dont just go for partypoker)

Are you here to sell guns or drugs and poker is the front? I don't get it. Why don't you just say vacation.
  • Americans...funny people...every Canadian should have one as a pet.
  • They just passed a law that calls for a mandatory minimum sentence of six months if you are caught playing between 5-200 tables of online poker.
  • You will likely run into issues if and when they ask for you to prove that you have friends.
  • so you've had no problems coming here. online poker is legal where you are and in canada. (i'm assuming) you have a friend in canada that you are literally coming over to see them. where exactly is the problem you're asking about?

if you're asking specifically about what to say to customs crossing the boarder, just say "vacation". i'm fairly certain they don't care if you're planning on playing online poker while here but that doesn't mean you have to tell them.

side note: americans are cute, aren't they?
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    You will likely run into issues if and when they ask for you to prove that you have friends.

POTY candidate
  • It's more dangerous to post a question on this forum than to wear a "Vote George Bush" tshirt in Afghanistan.
  • screenman wrote: »
    It's more dangerous to post a question on this forum than to wear a "Vote George Bush" tshirt in Afghanistan.
    So what's your question? :)