capped ring games

anyone play the capped ring games on full tilt? i decided to move up a few buy-ins since i'd only be risking the capped amount anyway. i found these games to be very +EV. i'm assuming it's because the players who normally play at that buy-in level don't feel that the capped amount is a lot to risk so they'll gamble a lot of the time.

if you haven't played these i'd highly recommend you give them a try.

Comments

• here's just a sample of some of the hands i've been playing in these capped cash games:

Hand #13030700235 begins at 2009/06/25
    Dealing down cards
    Dealt to HERO [Ac Js]
    HERO posts the big blind of $0.25
    XXX folds.
    XXX 55 folds.
    VILLIAN calls $0.25.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    HERO raises to $0.75.
    VILLIAN calls $0.50.
    Dealing Flop [Jd Qh Jc]
    HERO bets $1.
    VILLIAN calls $1.
    Dealing Turn [Ah]
    HERO checks.
    VILLIAN bets $1.50.
    HERO calls $1.50.
    Dealing River [5d]
    HERO bets $4.25.
    VILLIAN calls $4.25.
    HERO shows [Ac Js]
    HERO has Full House, Jacks full of Aces
    VILLIAN shows [Kh Ad]
    VILLIAN has Two Pair, Aces and Jacks
    HERO wins $14.25

here i'm in the BB with only one limper. since i'm out of position i decided to raise it up. he called and i hit the flop huge. c-bet and call. great turn for me. check/call meaning my opponent likely has a piece of something. my read on the villian had him calling on the river with any type of hand (like they all do in these capped games). i shoved and he called with his two pair (board pair). ship it!

Hand #13032283631 begins at 2009/06/25
    Dealing down cards
    Dealt to HERO [Jd 9d]
    VILLIAN 1 posts the big blind of $0.25
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    VILLIAN 2 calls $0.25.
    HERO calls $0.25.
    VILLIAN 1 checks.
    Dealing Flop [3h Jh Ks]
    VILLIAN 1 checks.
    VILLIAN 2 checks.
    HERO bets $0.75.
    VILLIAN 1 folds.
    VILLIAN 2 raises to $1.75.
    HERO calls $1.
    Dealing Turn [5c]
    VILLIAN 2 checks.
    HERO checks.
    Dealing River [9c]
    VILLIAN 2 bets $5.50.
    HERO calls $5.50.
    VILLIAN 2 shows [7d Ad]
    VILLIAN 2 has High Card, Ace
    HERO shows [Jd 9d]
    HERO has Two Pair, Jacks and Nines
    HERO wins $14.49

suited J9 on the button worth a min call (dead SB in this hand). three players to the flop. i hit middle pair with two hearts on the board. both check and i bet out with it. BB folds, original limper raises. could have a set or semi-bluffing a flush, maybe a Q10 but i don't think so. i can't see him check raising with only a K here. after thinking a bit i call. Turn 5c goes check, check since i have a medium hand so i want to keep the pot small at this point. River 9c misses the flush draw. Villian pushes all in to cap the betting. i take a long time thinking about this one. i know i've been very aggressive to this point and playing a lot of button hands throwing in bets when checked to me. i don't think he'd push like this with a set or straight since he wants me to pay him off. i could be on a flush draw and therefore a check might induce me to bluff the river. this push just doesn't add up to me so i call with two pair and pick off a complete bluff in a nice hand. ship it!

Hand #13032519674 begins at 2009/06/25
    Dealing down cards
    Dealt to HERO [Kd Ks]
    VILLIAN posts the small blind of $0.10
    HERO posts the big blind of $0.25
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    XXX calls $0.25.
    XXX raises to $0.50.
    VILLIAN calls $0.40.
    HERO raises to $7.50.
    XXX folds.
    XXX folds.
    VILLIAN calls $6, and is all-in.
    Dealing Flop [5c 7c 5s]
    Dealing Turn [4d]
    Dealing River [6c]
    VILLIAN shows [Ah 6h]
    VILLIAN has Two Pair, Sixes and Fives
    HERO shows [Kd Ks]
    HERO has Two Pair, Kings and Fives
    HERO wins $13.07

now this is a prime example of the donks on this table. you don't even need to play a real hand. just bet/raise/push with a good hand and you'll almost always get callers. i mostly did this because the opponents in this pot were all pretty short stacked so i thought i'd be able to get at least one caller. ship it!

this is just a small sampling of my nice run last night. again, i stress that you give these capped limits a chance. it seriously feels like free money at this point.